Good budget build?

Sep 27, 2018
Trying to figure out a decent budget first pc build. I've seen build videos but I can't ever get my hands on the parts they suggest and I'm not good at finding alternative parts. Even though I know how to literally build a pc I just don't know what to build it with and I'm almost clueless. Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place and I'm sure there are a lot of posts like this but please help me out if possible, Thanks!

Budget: $70 or so
-I'd like a PC with a real cheap case like a SFF because they're readily available
-I'd like to play something like skyrim on medium/high settings with an average of 30fps or more

I've seen people build a good PC that could run newer games at over 30fps for around that price and I don't know if I can but I'd like to see what you guys say, if its possible, Thanks again!

Solution
Just keep in mind that SFF cases rarely are upgradable beyond adding in a a bit more ram, larger hdd/ssd, and a low power gpu (due to size and psu constraints). Their PSU and motherboards are almost always proprietary. Some being impossible to replace with aftermarket.

Some SFF motherbds even lack a pcie slot altogether and some others are limited to 25w one the pcie slot rather then the 75w a regular motherboard supplies.

Best of luck to you in your search.
Sep 27, 2018
No i didn't, Saw videos of people making a build with an old hp compaq Presario case, Gigabyte Lga 775 motherboard, 4gb of ram, intel core 2 duo, And a ATI Radeon HD 4770 512mb. Plus a hard drive etc. But I got a hard drive and got a decent case for it but I've posted on here before and people keep saying "oh you shouldn't use that case because it doesn't have enough ventilation" when I'm just trying to play a non-computer intense game and everyone on here acts like you can't cut corners even if you own stuff already.

popatim

Titan
Just keep in mind that SFF cases rarely are upgradable beyond adding in a a bit more ram, larger hdd/ssd, and a low power gpu (due to size and psu constraints). Their PSU and motherboards are almost always proprietary. Some being impossible to replace with aftermarket.

Some SFF motherbds even lack a pcie slot altogether and some others are limited to 25w one the pcie slot rather then the 75w a regular motherboard supplies.

Best of luck to you in your search.

Solution