Good build? Also PSU question

Ben_70

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
Hey everyone. This is my first ever build and I have done a lot of video watching and review reading. Here's what I've got so far. Please tell me how this computer will do, I plan on using it mostly just for photoshop and web programming.

CPU - AMD FX-8320
GPU - Gigabyte AMD R7 360
MB - Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P (Better reviews then the newer models, should I go with this one?)
RAM - 16GB DDR3 1866, thinking GSkills ripjaws, but if you have a better choice, suggest away.
Storage - 250GB Samsung SSD + 1TB WD blue HDD
OTHER: I will also have a CD drive, 2x 120mm led fans, 2x140mm led fans, 1x200mm led fan, and of course keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc. (I know the fans are overkill especially if I don't overclock.)

So a few questions for everyone, how does this build look (this is my first). I have used 3-4 different PSU calculators an got a different answer each time. I was going to go with a 500W EVGA. Is this enough, also is EVGA good?

Last question, if anyone uses the FX8320, Ive heard the stock fan is bad, but if I don't intend to overclock I should be alright? Or should I upgrade?

Thank you all.

Solution
``Last question, if anyone uses the FX8320, Ive heard the stock fan is bad, but if I don't intend to overclock I should be alright? Or should I upgrade?``

all fx cpu need a good aftermarket cpu cooler , do not be cheap on this ...overclocking or not , you need it

the fx 8320 is perfect for low budget editing setup

i would go with at least the r7 370 4gb vram , the msi one is good or asus

500w will be enough but you need a good quality psu , get seasonic/xfx/evga b2
``Last question, if anyone uses the FX8320, Ive heard the stock fan is bad, but if I don't intend to overclock I should be alright? Or should I upgrade?``

all fx cpu need a good aftermarket cpu cooler , do not be cheap on this ...overclocking or not , you need it

the fx 8320 is perfect for low budget editing setup

i would go with at least the r7 370 4gb vram , the msi one is good or asus

500w will be enough but you need a good quality psu , get seasonic/xfx/evga b2

Solution

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Introducing the Toms hardware Psu tier list
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

the straight forward simple easy and most helpful solution on the internet for determining which psu deserves the spot on the bottom left corner in your system.

==___How to use___==

1)Srs overlcocking and stuff --- Go with tier one

2)Normal stuff no overclock and chill but reilability over a nice budget --- tier 2

Ok jk, wanted to have some fun but tbh this is the best solution to determine the best psu for u

Toughbulldog

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
I would personally go with a 700 watt psu,only fact is if you ever wanted to change anything or game and needed more power its there.(make sense just to buy the once) that's my opinion. yes cooler are pants on the amd fx series defo worth buying off market, I have a coolmaster seidon 120v,and and does job perfect even under load.read up there hyper 212 good as well if you didn't fancy water cooling.