Alehrmann

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Hey everyone, It has been awhile since I have posted here. Anyways, I am looking at building an new computer. As always Me not being very good componet wise, I am haveing trouble.
1st thing. I am not sure what I should do storage wise. Should I go with a SSD and a M.2?

2nd is cooling. Liquid or air?

3rd I want to make sure that this build is going to be able to run games, and VR with out any problems.

Right now all I have is the processor (Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I79700K Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630). I want a fast computer that can handle great things. Any recommendations for motherboard, storage, Ram ( Im leaning towards 32GB ripjaw) and some good cooling?

Solution
In answer to some of your questions I would go with a M2 to run os/favorite games. 1TB M2 PRICES HAVE TUMBLED, they offer the fastest read write speeds, and if your board has two slots you can use the second one for storage of the rest. Cooling is always a preference. Some people do not want water inside their build, and others like me hate the size and ugliness of giant air cooler. I have had a water cooler for years and have no problems. However after a few years the water cooler can have radiator and pump problems as anything with moving parts can have. Running vr is going to be no problem with that 9700k processor. I would go with16gb 3200mhz speed ram. You don't really need 32gb ram for gaming. Unless you are using it for video...

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
In answer to some of your questions I would go with a M2 to run os/favorite games. 1TB M2 PRICES HAVE TUMBLED, they offer the fastest read write speeds, and if your board has two slots you can use the second one for storage of the rest. Cooling is always a preference. Some people do not want water inside their build, and others like me hate the size and ugliness of giant air cooler. I have had a water cooler for years and have no problems. However after a few years the water cooler can have radiator and pump problems as anything with moving parts can have. Running vr is going to be no problem with that 9700k processor. I would go with16gb 3200mhz speed ram. You don't really need 32gb ram for gaming. Unless you are using it for video work of some kind 16gb is plenty. You can google it there are plenty of benchmarks that show this. I am particular to Asus motherboards, have never had a problem with them and are a great product. Of course everybody has their favorites. Make sure you purchase a high quality psu this is not the part you want to cheap out on. And back to VR, a great gpu is the 2080ti, but is crazy exspensive. You will have to look up benchmarks to determine if you want to spend the money on it or go with a 2080. The cheapest 2080ti I could find is $1099.00 us. https://www.dihuni.com/shop/server-...KxkI7hlG6O26vjNTnbM2tf1Z0MyEhPt0aAoKbEALw_wcB

Solution

Alehrmann

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
In answer to some of your questions I would go with a M2 to run os/favorite games. 1TB M2 PRICES HAVE TUMBLED, they offer the fastest read write speeds, and if your board has two slots you can use the second one for storage of the rest. Cooling is always a preference. Some people do not want water inside their build, and others like me hate the size and ugliness of giant air cooler. I have had a water cooler for years and have no problems. However after a few years the water cooler can have radiator and pump problems as anything with moving parts can have. Running vr is going to be no problem with that 9700k processor. I would go with16gb 3200mhz speed ram. You don't really need 32gb ram for gaming. Unless you are using it for video work of some kind 16gb is plenty. You can google it there are plenty of benchmarks that show this. I am particular to Asus motherboards, have never had a problem with them and are a great product. Of course everybody has their favorites. Make sure you purchase a high quality psu this is not the part you want to cheap out on. And back to VR, a great gpu is the 2080ti, but is crazy exspensive. You will have to look up benchmarks to determine if you want to spend the money on it or go with a 2080. The cheapest 2080ti I could find is $1099.00 us. https://www.dihuni.com/shop/server-...KxkI7hlG6O26vjNTnbM2tf1Z0MyEhPt0aAoKbEALw_wcB
I decided to go with the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming LGA 1151 for a mobo. As for ram, I am still thinking 32GB (16x2). I am a fan of AIO cooling, so that has been all but bought. Now I am trying to find a case that will suit me. I was looking at the CORSAIR Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower, but I dont know how I feel about Mid-Towers. I like the room Full towers give.