[SOLVED] Good Build???

Solution

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
expensive case, crappy PSU.
for your consideration
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Case: DIYPC J180-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.97 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($89.90 @ Amazon)
Custom: External dvd ($10.00)
Total: $746.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-14 20:38 EDT-0400

still a white case and now a good PSU to power everything

Solution

juggalo420man

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
I forgot to mention most of the parts need to come from newegg because it's going on credit...

I dont think a 550w psu will be big enough? The 750w from amazon looks good and I trust seasonic..

On the subject of the case though we want that case specifically. I know it's on the spendier side but that's what he wants and it is his afterall..

Anyone know if the ram will have any issues? It's the neo version which is new and designed for 3000 series cpus. Also the board says it can use 3200mhz. These should work right?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I forgot to mention most of the parts need to come from newegg because it's going on credit...

I dont think a 550w psu will be big enough? The 750w from amazon looks good and I trust seasonic..

On the subject of the case though we want that case specifically. I know it's on the spendier side but that's what he wants and it is his afterall..

Anyone know if the ram will have any issues? It's the neo version which is new and designed for 3000 series cpus. Also the board says it can use 3200mhz. These should work right?

fair enough

550 will do the job the system will not be using maximum power (374W) all the time, just when everything is pegged and that will be briefly. the 750 will be most efficient when the system is at full power though.

understandable, I was trying to keep the price the same or lower.

IDK of any. should be fine, may need a bios revision before full support, emphasis on MAY.

expensive case, crappy PSU.
for your consideration
I'm not sure I would consider a $95 case as "expensive", exactly. That's decidedly still "mid-range", in my opinion. That DIYPC case might be serviceable for someone looking to maximize performance and cut corners on everything else in a budget build, but it's not exactly a great-looking case. It's probably alright considering the price, but having a plastic window isn't quite the same as having a tempered glass side-panel in terms of aesthetics, and I fully expect the airflow and general build quality to be quite a bit better in the fractal design case. In a $750+ build, I would want something at least a little nicer, especially if the system is being built for someone else, as a bargain-bin case probably isn't going to make for a very good first impression. If you are looking to cut corners a bit in that area, there are a number of great-looking options with decent build quality priced in-between, Like the Phanteks P300 for around $60, or a P400 starting a little over $70, both with tempered glass.

If I were cutting corners anywhere on that system, it would probably be on the RAM. The RGB lighting might look nice, but you can get slightly faster DDR4-3200 CAS16 without RGB for around $70 from reputable brands. Paying $30 extra for some glowing lights seems a bit much. I would rather put that money toward components that affect performance, like maybe moving the graphics card up to a bit faster and less power-hungry GTX 1660.

juggalo420man

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
These are all great suggestions!
Thank you everyone!

I think I've decided on this psu.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Dm...-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-110-bq-0600-k1

What about Oloy ram?
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Hs...6-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3000-memory-md4u083016beda

On the gpu subject that is a great idea going for the 1660 but any g sync monitor will be pricey... he said he plans to upgrade from his tv at some point so I thought it'd be nice to have the cheaper sync option avalible

Dont look at amazon reviews or a product listing to judge your buying off of.
Look for a professional review. Tom's reviewed this unit and said many bad things about the performance of the unit and overall "...performance isn't up to the levels we want to see."
Pros, Cons, And Final Verdict
We can't say the 850 BQ managed to impress us. Although it registers a fairly high performance per dollar score thanks to its affordable price, the unit's absolute performance isn't up to the levels we want to see. Load regulation is very loose, ripple suppression on the minor rails is mediocre, and the 3.3V rail's transient response is weak. To make matters worse, the efficiency levels are quite low, the inrush current under both voltage inputs (115V and 230V) is high, and the cooling fan is loud, even though it uses a reliable bearing. In order to keep the Teapo SC capacitors on the secondary side cool (along with the SBRs responsible for rectifying the +12V rail), HEC went with an aggressive fan profile that sets the minimum rotational speed at 1120 RPM! So, if you hate noisy PSUs, stay away from this one.

On the bright side, the 850 BQ offers a decent hold-up time and its power-good signal is accurate. The +12V rail's response to transient loads is pretty good for this price category, and you get a respectable number of connectors, allowing you to configure a potent system without any problems.
Its just, not a good unit.

Heres Toms review for a CX450 which says "CX450s are quite good..."
In the end, both CX450s are quite good at this price point. If you don't want to go super cheap with EVGA's 450 BT, which sometimes sells for as little as $30, then Corsair's CX450 is ideal. Both versions of the CX450 use modern platforms that are more efficient, less noisy and offer better build quality than the 450 BT.

What about Oloy ram?
I don't know much about OLOy RAM, aside from it appearing on Newegg in recent months and that model having very large wings that might potentially get in the way of certain aftermarket CPU tower coolers. It appears to be a Chinese company, though they likely get their RAM modules from one of the common memory manufacturers. I haven't seen any professional reviews about them, but again, they have only been available in the US for a few months.

On the gpu subject that is a great idea going for the 1660 but any g sync monitor will be pricey... he said he plans to upgrade from his tv at some point so I thought it'd be nice to have the cheaper sync option avalible
Nvidia added support for FreeSync adaptive sync to their recent cards back in January. So, you don't need an expensive monitor using their proprietary hardware to get adaptive sync on their 10, 16 and 20-series cards anymore. The monitor just needs to support FreeSync over a DisplayPort connection for the feature to work (Not HDMI, which some screens are limited to). Nvidia has certified a limited number of FreeSync displays as "G-Sync Compatible", and the feature is automatically enabled on those models, though all screens that support FreeSync over a DisplayPort connection should work. The "G-Sync" feature will need to be manually enabled in the Nvidia control panel as well as in the monitor's settings for screens that are not officially supported though.