Good case with removable MOBO tray and good airflow?

GrannySmith1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Building a new PC. Would like a good case with removable mobo tray.

Does the mobo tray add a lot of money to the case? I'm trying to find a cheap case with good airflow and a mobo tray but all the cases i'm looking at don't seem to have one :(.

On PC part picker, how do you know if it has one or not? Can't find it anywhere, must be missing something.

Any suggestions? Is the removable mobo tray even worth having?

Solution

Swapping out GPU's is relatively easy as well, 1 screw, maybe a quick lock and 2 power cables. CPU is a lil more complex with a Heat Sink Fan, but the HDD cage usually never interferes with any of those. Honestly, i dont see any time worthy advantage of having a removable HDD tray. if you are getting a fairly nice case, that costs a decent penny, you are more after cooling, cleanliness of...

GrannySmith1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

I thought it would be easier to upgrade in the future since thats what i'm planning to do.

Why do you ask? Is it not worth the extra money and is a mobo tray not neccesary? This is my first time building a PC so I don't quite understand all of this.

Bust

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Removable tray isnt exactly necessary. Most cases nowadays hold between 5-8 hdd's with 2-3 SSD slots. HDD's usually are only held by 4 screws or 2 quick lock tabs. So not like it is time consuming to add or remove a HDD, unless you consider 5min a lot.

GrannySmith1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

Alright, what about for upgrading GPUs and CPUs? Removable mobo tray not necessary?

Bust

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

Swapping out GPU's is relatively easy as well, 1 screw, maybe a quick lock and 2 power cables. CPU is a lil more complex with a Heat Sink Fan, but the HDD cage usually never interferes with any of those. Honestly, i dont see any time worthy advantage of having a removable HDD tray. if you are getting a fairly nice case, that costs a decent penny, you are more after cooling, cleanliness of cable routing and bells and whistles of USB, fan controls and those cases are generally large enough to have plenty of room to work with.

IMO, no need for a tray, but that is just me...

Solution