Question Good cheap rgb fans?

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I have one deepcool RF 120 and its bright, moves a good amount of air, and mostly quiet. I would get 6 more of them if they were cheaper but they're like $50 for 3 of them. I know corsair makes fans similar to this one but those are even more expensive. Does anybody know of some good cheap rgb fans?

I'm just looking to use them as case fans not for a rad or anything like that.

Nov 10, 2020
Corsair LL120 fans are at a low price (got them for 86$ (3-pack including node pro) and I’m very happy with them. Having the whole range, keyboard, mouse, headset etc, is pretty nice in terms of looks. If your budget allows it, I highly recommend ‘em

I have one deepcool RF 120 and its bright, moves a good amount of air, and mostly quiet. I would get 6 more of them if they were cheaper but they're like $50 for 3 of them. I know corsair makes fans similar to this one but those are even more expensive. Does anybody know of some good cheap rgb fans?

I'm just looking to use them as case fans not for a rad or anything like that.
You can have good or you can have cheap. Good luck finding both. Here's cheap:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=6+pack+rgb+fans&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Reactions: sodium.in.toilet

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
Corsair LL120 fans are at a low price (got them for 86$ (3-pack including node pro) and I’m very happy with them. Having the whole range, keyboard, mouse, headset etc, is pretty nice in terms of looks. If your budget allows it, I highly recommend ‘em
At that point the fans would cost more than my whole case lol

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I just got these, and they seem good for the price. 5 fans and the hub for $37. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HQJG3ZH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you happen to have an Asus motherboard with the Fan Expert app, DO NOT set them on "full speed". It sounded like a jet taking off. I keep them on the "standard" preset and they keep everything cool.
Does the light spread out evenly on the blades? Do they have rubber pads on them to stop vibration? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic on amazon.

The cheap rosewill case fans that came with my case will sometimes make an extremely loud grinding sound when they're first turned on. It sounds like an impact drill or something.

Nov 10, 2020
all i'm saying is that rgb fans should get you your money's worth in terms of performance.
with corsair LL's I get the feeling that I'll be using them for the next 10 years maybe even more.
also consider that you need to have multiple programs open (for example rgb light program for the whatever fans you have) along with mouse rgb lights, keyboard etc which for me is by far worse.
Having said that I'd rather pay the extra money and have everything from the same 'family'.

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Does the light spread out evenly on the blades? Do they have rubber pads on them to stop vibration? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic on amazon.

They're the ones in top and back. I think the color I'm using makes it harder to see in the picture, but they do fill the whole blade. They did have little foam or rubber pads that you had to peel off and stick on every corner.

Reactions: sodium.in.toilet

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
all i'm saying is that rgb fans should get you your money's worth in terms of performance.
with corsair LL's I get the feeling that I'll be using them for the next 10 years maybe even more.
also consider that you need to have multiple programs open (for example rgb light program for the whatever fans you have) along with mouse rgb lights, keyboard etc which for me is by far worse.
Having said that I'd rather pay the extra money and have everything from the same 'family'.
My motherboard doesnt have an RGB header for some odd reason, but corsair makes an RGB and fan hub that connects to the USB header on the motherboard so that you can still control them with software. If I'm required to use corsair fans with it I might just buy some.

Msi has the worst rgb software I've ever tried to use. Once I rma my cpu I'll try out the software on my new evga board.

ASK THE COMMUNITY