[SOLVED] Good cooler for ryzen 5 3600

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have used my cpu for a while and i love the peformance. But it's just that the cooler is not good enough for gaming even without oc or boost on. It gets around 70 to 80 degrees celcius. I am planning to upgrade my cooler but i don't know which one is good for the buck. I like rgb but i like quality and performance over rgb. I have seen the Hyper 212 rgb, Deepcool Gammaxx gt bk and Arctic freezer 34 esports duo. I just can't find any good benchmark video.
My specs:
Msi b450 gaming plus max (with a 4-pin rgb header)
Ryzen 5 3600

If you guys know any good cooler or a personal cooler you like or is performance wise good and is under $60. I would love to hear it.

Greets,

Yorick

Solution
Thanks to everyone for leaving a comment, now i know i am not going to buy watercooling at least. Btw i use the Sharkoon tg5 case with 3 fans at the front and 1 at the back. I am from the Netherlands. So everything is in euros. I am still thinking of what i want to buy. I pretty much like rgb very much personaly. But i dont think i like it over performance. I saw the arctic freezer 34 esports duo or something and that looked nice. And what about the deepcool gammaxx gt bk. I have also heard it has decent performance for its price and has pretty nice rgb. And is the hyper 212 rgb an option? Again, thanks for all the comments.

Fortis 3 rgb...
It's really affordable 2. Is it better than the hyper 212 and gammaxx rgb and stuf? Because if it is i am going to buy it very soon. So my room can be a little colder XD

It's better than either.
The result on that video with the 2600 is what you should be looking at.
Older test/reviews were done with Intel cpu's.
Results are generally better on ryzen because of that massive soldered heat spreader.

The fortis is geared for silence over performance at default fan profiles, that's the only reason in a few of those reviews that the 212 and its ilk come close.

It will still perform incredibly well if left on automatic fan profile in bios.
If you do want to force the speed with an aggressive profile it's still very quiet even at full speed 1400rpm.
On automatic the most mine has ever hit has been just over 1000rpm which had been fine performance wise for me.

You will not go wrong with the fortis, I would stake my reputation on it, it deserves a lot more coverage and recommendations than it gets especially at the price.

When applying the thermal paste I recommend 2 thin vertical lines and 2 thin horizontal lines equal from the centre of the cpu rather than the traditional single drop pea method in the middle.

Thanks! I think i am going to buy it. How does the rgb look?

That I can't tell you, I have the malik custom non rgb version

I would imagine much the same as any other rgb fan, it'll light up the inside of your case with whatever colour you set it to.

295095.4ee02bf52b164d1576d5f056c19ce484.1600.jpg

Picture of it running there from pc partpicker

TRENDING THREADS