Question Good Cpu and Gpu but low usage and fps

Apr 30, 2022
So I've had my pc for a little over a year now, and suddenly every game has been having very low fps and is stuttering. I have a 3070 and a 7 3700x, so I think that my parts are decent enough to play almost any game without lag, at reasonable settings of course. The thing is that no matter what settings I choose in game, the cpu and gpu usage just get lower and lower, so my fps is almost always the same (which is very low). I can play a game at ultra settings at 1440p and get the same fps when I play it at 1080p and medium settings. I have almost never seen my gpu usage go over around 60% and it is always at like 50-55 ° C. For instance, I played a modpack in minecraft the other day and was getting around 70-100 fps, but my gpu and cpu usage were both under 20%. I just feel that it can perform much better, it just isn't.

So I've had my pc for a little over a year now, and suddenly every game has been having very low fps and is stuttering. I have a 3070 and a 7 3700x, so I think that my parts are decent enough to play almost any game without lag, at reasonable settings of course. The thing is that no matter what settings I choose in game, the cpu and gpu usage just get lower and lower, so my fps is almost always the same (which is very low). I can play a game at ultra settings at 1440p and get the same fps when I play it at 1080p and medium settings. I have almost never seen my gpu usage go over around 60% and it is always at like 50-55 ° C. For instance, I played a modpack in minecraft the other day and was getting around 70-100 fps, but my gpu and cpu usage were both under 20%. I just feel that it can perform much better, it just isn't.
What's the full pc specs?

Apr 30, 2022
What's the full pc specs?
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Msi RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
PSU: Corsair RM 750 W 80+ Gold
MOBO: Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming (Wifi)
Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
RAM: 4 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3600mhz Cl18
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 Tb
Some cooler master case fans and a cooler master mid tower case

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Msi RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
PSU: Corsair RM 750 W 80+ Gold
MOBO: Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming (Wifi)
Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
RAM: 4 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3600mhz Cl18
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 Tb
Some cooler master case fans and a cooler master mid tower case
try this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot, and go to power plan, to make sure that the power plan used is amd ryzen balanced.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png