[SOLVED] Good CPU Cooler from Coolermaster for AM4

Status
Not open for further replies.

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
I currently run a Coolermaster V8 CPU cooler on my Intel 2066 setup, but Im moving to an AMD AM4 setup. Im planning to get the 3950X CPU. The board Im putting it on is the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI. I will be using all 4 DDR 4 slots as well. I could use the stock cooler the CPU comes with, but I've been told not to with the 3950X. Anyway what CPU cooler from Coolermaster do you recommend for the 3950X? My V8 cooler barely touches the case side panel, so I don't want anything taller then it. I've seen their push pull 120mm fan variants, but not sure if they'll clear or not. Any recommendations? Or can my current V8 cooler be adapted to run on the new AM4? If so- will it cool it sufficiently enough?

Last edited:

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
Does that bracket work with the original V8 cooler? It says version 2 and the GTS variant. I do not know if it would also work on the version 1? I've had my cooler for over 8 years now.

What about the MasterAir Maker 8? I know its expensive, but its similar to what I have now. Then there is the MA620P version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.