Question Good deal or not?

Hello,

In my search for a decently cheap replacement system for me (we had a storm and well rip everything but my laptop and a couple other things) I've come across this:

I7 3820k
16gb of ram
120gb 840 evo
Asus P9x79
Quadro 2000 (If my quadro k6000 still works then that will replace it)
cx 550 (green label will toss and replace with a seasonic m12II 620 I have here)
Some old thick 140mm watercooler (will replace with a cryorig h7 I have here if it looks sketchy)

All for 295€

Doesn't seem too bad of a deal considering that board can also almost any v2 xeon out there so that can be a nice upgrade for me.

I game a bit but mostly use my pc for productivity tasks like drawing, logo design, 3D modeling, sculpting, character rigging, animating said characters,...
This is to replace a ryzen 1600 and I'm trying to spend as little as possible to get the best as I've recently been fired from my primary job and am currently living of my secondary job and commision work (which has now taken a huge blow due to only have 1 computer to work on).

Btw the ryzen 1600 system is dead dead so I can't use anything from it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How are you determining the system is dead-dead? I assume the M12II wasn't the PSU connected to the system at the time?

X79 is a dated platform, obviously.... but it does seem like it's fit for purpose for what you want (with the changes proposed). The AIO should be replaced regardless though.

Why not talk to the seller and see if you can carve out the CPU/MB/RAM/GPU for a lower price?
The CX550 and cooler should go, you probably already have a case..... If you could get the CPU/MB/RAM/GPU for ~200EUR, then it would be a great deal for what it is, IMO.

How are you determining the system is dead-dead? I assume the M12II wasn't the PSU connected to the system at the time?

X79 is a dated platform, obviously.... but it does seem like it's fit for purpose for what you want (with the changes proposed). The AIO should be replaced regardless though.

Why not talk to the seller and see if you can carve out the CPU/MB/RAM/GPU for a lower price?
The CX550 and cooler should go, you probably already have a case..... If you could get the CPU/MB/RAM/GPU for ~200EUR, then it would be a great deal for what it is, IMO.

I forgot to put in there that it's a complete system that already comes in a antec 302 case (nothing special but good enough).

The M12II is a psu I have around that I used a couple of times. The 1600 system is dead dead because I went and tested it over at a friends place who has a ryzen testbench and apart from 1 8gb stick of ram, the case, cooler and ssd all is dead.

I did manage to get another 16gb of ram in there (that works fine together) for only 30 more which is neat as that means I don't need to buy it.
I did get a no on stripping out parts for a lower price.