Good deal or wait for prices to go down on GPU's

AzureDragon89

Honorable
May 10, 2014
looking for some opinions With the current Trend in not being able to find a GPU and in need of a new pc i found this and want to know if its worth getting for the price looking to play a few pc games on it running a 1080P 1440hz monitor

I'm planning on upgrading parts from this unit down the road if needed just don't see many other options at the moment

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102169&ignorebbr=1

Solution
The specs are good on that one, the problem I'd have is spending $1,000+ on a system with tech that's already been replaced. In this case, you'd be paying for an i7 7xxx based system when the i7 8xxx are out. From a strictly performance point of view it doesn't matter, but for me it would matter. I don't mind buying something older, but I won't pay top dollar for it.

In general I'm against buying pre-builts but right now I have to admit is an example of an exception to that rule. Because of the crazy pricing going on out there, pre-builts are the way to go for the best deals if you need a computer now.
The specs are good on that one, the problem I'd have is spending $1,000+ on a system with tech that's already been replaced. In this case, you'd be paying for an i7 7xxx based system when the i7 8xxx are out. From a strictly performance point of view it doesn't matter, but for me it would matter. I don't mind buying something older, but I won't pay top dollar for it.

In general I'm against buying pre-builts but right now I have to admit is an example of an exception to that rule. Because of the crazy pricing going on out there, pre-builts are the way to go for the best deals if you need a computer now.

Solution