[SOLVED] Good Dell laptop for game development and rendering? (Also need touch screen)

May 2, 2019
So, I have a budget of around $2000, though I can go slightly higher. I've generally used Alienware laptops in the past, but am considering going outside of that. It needs to be a Dell because I have an account with them. I'm generally assuming that whatever is a good laptop for gaming is good for programming, light rendering and modeling, but I want to ask you guys before I take a chance with that.

Solution
Too bad you are limiting yourself to Dell systems, last several generations have been horrible, battery issues, USB C port issues with docking stations, motherboards dying.

If you want speed as the main thing, I would go with Alienware or the G models, the XPS ones are made to be slimmer but that also means their cooling setup is not as good and the CPU throttles, it will have a hard time running at higher speeds.
May 31, 2019
You should try the xps series. They were built to work as great workstation or "xtreme performance systems" as the name stands for. If you cam wait two more weeks, the new line will hit the market with better cores and graphic cards. They also have touch screens.

Too bad you are limiting yourself to Dell systems, last several generations have been horrible, battery issues, USB C port issues with docking stations, motherboards dying.

If you want speed as the main thing, I would go with Alienware or the G models, the XPS ones are made to be slimmer but that also means their cooling setup is not as good and the CPU throttles, it will have a hard time running at higher speeds.

Reactions: Nick Turner
Solution