Good desk/gaming chair, fixed price, limited options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathias_8

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
Hello,

Im looking at a few options for gaming chairs for a "low price" of 200€ and have a few specific questions about them.

For one, this one here, the "boulies Titanium Series Master Edition" (actually not ordering from amazon.co.uk myself, never mind):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073QPLL91/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

This chair seems to be based on another bulky, plushy design by a more expensive company, which I can't remember right now, as an alternative to the ordinary, common DXRacer design. If you have experience with that company I've forgotten (but is probably popular), it would be appreciated/useful, by the way.

This chair seems to have a slight forward tilt of the head-part, about which I wonder if it will be annoying. I've tried a different "ordinary" one (not that bulky and plushy design) by Merax before and would have preferred a flatter head-part in that one, however it was more targeted towards smaller persons, below 1,8m (71 inches I think) or my 1,85m (73 inches).

If I'm not mistaken the original designs of that sort - and many others - also tend to have an almost totally flat back and head (plus pillow). Input would be appreciated.

Then I would be interested in this "Songmics RCG23R":
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Songmics-Executive-Armrest-Support-Headrest/dp/B074N4RXR3/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1519043045&sr=1-1&keywords=RCG23R&dpID=411Szn8HS6L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

The form of the head pillow I also thought of as preferential while trying a Merax with a little neck-pillow that ended up more in my shoulders. However it also doesn't seem totally flat, but the backrest at a slight angle relative to the uppermost tip, creating a kind of "bowl". This exacerbated the Merax' unusability for me and its targeting towards a smaller body size.

However I'm not completely sure if it's actually that bad here, and reviews in my language confirm that it's also great for bigger persons.

As long as this took, this is as little I have to ask about right now. Any ideas, input, comparisons, especially if you have a more expensive model? Or, to be specific, do you think the head-tilt of the "boulies" can be annoying?

Mathias_8

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
I've noticed the boulies Titanium has a backrest of only 80cm height. Somehow I assumed it was 90cm. I think it should be about 85cm high, and that should actually be usable but not dead height. I also ruled out a Sharkoon Skiller SG2, because I am unsure about the use of the pillow for the neck, rather than as a headrest. It's hard to know if it will be positioned correctly. So I think I'm going with the Songmics. You're welcome. But for me, the end is nigh, because these things can't really be tested and sent back.

Status
Not open for further replies.