Question Good download speed, terrible upload speed.

Feb 16, 2020
Hello,

as the title suggested, i need some help knowing what i can do about the upload speed. I'm connected to my PC via ethernet. My download speed is a good
So, i've been looking to disable the limits of my upload speed, but that didn't work as i couldn't complete it.

INFO:
This router is for 4 people. Our TV, My brother and my pc, (We're both connected via ethernet) and our parents, who are both wireless. Brother and i had rougly to exactly same upload and download speed. (Mother had slightly lower download speed but same upload speed). And, i don't know if it counts, but we also use our phones on this wifi network, except father.

Any tips or steps in the right direction to knowing what could cause this?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 16, 2020
How do you test the upload speeds. Speedtest type sites tend to be fairly reliable.

How does this number compare to what you pay the ISP for. What does the ISP say you are suppose to get for upload rates in your contract.
I used speedtest.net.
Frankly, i don't pay for it, so i don't know for how much we're paying, but i do know that with the other provider i used to have would always go smoother. I could even use that one wireless and i'd still be fine.

Not sure what to suggest then. You might consider the number terrible but you only get what you have paid for. If the number you get is a lot lower than you are paying for then the ISP may be able to do something.

Does not pay to try to change anything until you know if something is broken first.