I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
that will reconfigure the screen size.

Any suggestions of a free or demo DVD Ripper out there? I'm only
looking to do about 4 DVDs in total.

Thanks
Mike

Ive always used SmartRipper myself.

On 25 Dec 2004 13:08:20 -0800, mwc0914@aol.com wrote:

>I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
>I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
>When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
>that will reconfigure the screen size.
>
>Any suggestions of a free or demo DVD Ripper out there? I'm only
>looking to do about 4 DVDs in total.
>
>Thanks
> Mike

You have a LOT of options. If you edit with Premiere (6 or later), just rename
the *.vob to *.mpg and import them to the timeline.

If you editor won't do that, then use VOB2AVI (Google for it). Also:
VirtualDub+MP2 (not the original VirtualDub...it doesn't do mpeg2-related
files). The '+MP2 mod does.

>I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
>I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
>When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
>that will reconfigure the screen size.

webpa

On 25 Dec 2004 13:08:20 -0800, mwc0914@aol.com wrote:

>I'm looking to dowload a DVD Ripper that will take a DVD of home movies
>I have & let me convert them into mpeg on my HD so I can edit the mpeg.
>When the movies play now, they are full screen. I don't want a ripper
>that will reconfigure the screen size.

Go to www.doom9.org and check out their download section. The
site is a treasure trove of information and tools. I personally
prefer DVD Decryptor.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

There are many similar products. As far as I am concerned, Xilisoft DVD
Ripper is very ease to use. Google it for finding its official website
and tutorial.