Good for gaming?

Karyean

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
Hello!
I was wondering which is good for gaming? Wireless Adapter or Wireless card?
I'm choosing between a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 vs
Wise Tiger Wifi Adapter Ac 600Mbps

My router is: D-LINK DIR-822.
Using it for HD streaming, online gaming such as LoL, mmorpgs, etc.

On my current connection there is 4 bars (wireless card).
Technically by my ISP, my internet connection is: 15Mbps Download, 1Mbps Upload [Canada / Altima Telecom].

The distance between my router and my tower is approx: 18-30 meters. My router is downstairs while my tower is upstairs. Also the tower is under my desk (if that's any issue..or anything)

There's about about 8 to 10 devices (about: 5 phones + 1 or 2 tablet + 2 laptop) connected.

Cannot use Ethernet!

Thanks! :)

Solution
So what is your issue with your current card. The speed makes little difference in a game.

Generally the main advantage of a usb adapter nic is that you can cheaply move it away from the computer case unlike a nic card that you must buy rather expensive microwave coax cables.

If you go with a USB based nic I would avoid any of those unknown brands like you have linked. These devices have horrible support many times. Microsoft has pushed out many win10 patches that have messed things up and you need new drivers. The larger better known companies you tend to be able to get a new driver very quickly.
So what is your issue with your current card. The speed makes little difference in a game.

Generally the main advantage of a usb adapter nic is that you can cheaply move it away from the computer case unlike a nic card that you must buy rather expensive microwave coax cables.

If you go with a USB based nic I would avoid any of those unknown brands like you have linked. These devices have horrible support many times. Microsoft has pushed out many win10 patches that have messed things up and you need new drivers. The larger better known companies you tend to be able to get a new driver very quickly.

Solution

Karyean

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014

Hey! Basically I bought a custom built computer with no wireless attached. I don't have an ethernet long enough since it goes up the stairs and through my doors, so I'd rather get a network card. Maybe in the future I'll get an ethernet cable, but not right now.

I mean wise tiger has a lot of reviews and it seems like a known brand but not as big as tplink and D-Link. Yeah I've heard about the win10 thing. Thanks for the reply!

TRENDING THREADS