good games for laptop play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
basically i would like some recommendations on what games are good to play on a laptop, cause i will be on the move i wont be able to plug in an extra mouse so that rules out FPS games. this is a work computer though hence the Radeon Xpress 200M GFX, im just stuck at home at the moment without my main pc and bored sh*tl*ss.

edit

cant seem to find a demo of C&C, anywhere either :(

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
basically i would like some recommendations on what games are good to play on a laptop, cause i will be on the move i wont be able to plug in an extra mouse so that rules out FPS games. this is a work computer though hence the Radeon Xpress 200M GFX, im just stuck at home at the moment without my main pc and bored sh*tl*ss.

edit

cant seem to find a demo of C&C, anywhere either :(

what's the model of the comp.
vid alone doesn't matter as if it's integrated ram/processor will be used a lot more.
As a guide nothing released in last 2 years =P

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
No idea what type games you wanna play I'm guessing offline so maybe like strategy? *shrug*
I'd say civ3 would run.
homm 3 always a classic.
SC/war III
Dunno what your into

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Myself, I play Baldur's Gate II, and Fallout 2.

To be honest, just about any game will be hard without a mouse.

Try playing the old Zork Games :p

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Myself, I play Baldur's Gate II, and Fallout 2.

To be honest, just about any game will be hard without a mouse.

Try playing the old Zork Games :p

Lol if you game on a laptop usb mouse.
You can get one with retractible cord or with use/wireless or bluetooth.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
FPS are my fav, RTS is next so i guess any type of RTS that you know would run on this thing. and there not to bad to use a touchpad with.

scottdkp

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
I have the SAME problem! Personally I can take a USB mouse so I will be loading on some basic FPS's.. my list so far:

Half-Life Counterstrike (the old one)
The Curse of Monkey Island (awsome old adventure game)
and City of Hero's (running at super low rez)

Let me know what else you come up with.

SamuraiGoat

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
if u have a mouse, I would say Soldat. If u don't know it's a d2 side-view shooter. as odd as it sound it's fun, and free..
try it before u judge it.

scottdkp

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
I just got Steam and then Counterstrike (Original) installed. It actually runs beautifully and also has a widescreen option. Works really well on my Dell 1300. Very pleased. You definetly need a mouse though.

T_Bone

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
I play Starcraft and C&C Tiberium Sun on my laptop, mainly because they are older games and my laptop sucks so it really only runs older games.
I would reccomend a mouse though. It helps.

T_Bone

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
The absolute best games to play on a laptop in confined spaces are tunred based RPG / Strat games.

Good examples would be wizardry 7 and baulders gate for rpg's.

My all time fav for laptop is Civilization 3 conquest. Any of the sid meier's civ's are great. Civ 2 was one of my fav.

Populas was a good game like civ as well.

I woudl play civ for 18 hours straight w/out blinking an eye, very involved game, much like chess but with other countries.

G

um, well, theres icy tower and plants vs zombies. these games are quite childish but still a sh*t load of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS