Good Gaming Computer?

cavemancam

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
Hi I am looking to get a new computer for gaming. I have bad credit and cant afford to fork out all the money upfront for a brandnew computer. The computer and monitor I have been approved for is as follows
4th generation Intel i7-4770
Quad Core Processor with 3.4Ghz,
Intel H87 Chipset,
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Memory,
2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive (2000GB),
Radeon R7 250 2GB Graphics
, 24X DVD-RW Drive,
Windows 8 64 bit
27" LED monitor 1920x1080 max. resolution

Is this a good computer for gaming ( I am financing it for around $1900 (CAD) $50 biweekly)

Solution
The performance of the card and the amount of Vram (video ram) don't directly correlate, it's just a silly marketing trick because "higher numbers are better, right?"

For that price range you want cards with 2-3GB of vram, the best choice for the price would be the R9 280x, or get an R9 280 and overclock it.

cavemancam

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
I applied for financing from a computer store and the credit they gave me to shop there computers was like 1800.... and they have several different computers to choose from and this is the one that seemed best suited to my needs... keep in mind that the price is inflated due to the fact it is being financed

I just want to make sure this is going to be worth my time to get this machine if it isn't a very good gaming computer... I know the basics about what makes a computer able to play games well (amount of ram and GBs of video card) I just don't know what video cards are good.... ive tried doing some research but cant find a straight answer so I am seeking some advice from other consumers and not distributers to get a non bias opinion

cavemancam

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
If you think that this computer is "weak" at best does anyone have any recommendations on where to FINANCE a decent gaming computer in Canada or able to provide links to examples of decent gaming computers so I know what to compare with and what to look for
Or if they think that this build is worth getting and then making upgrades as I get the money ie ($100-$250 upgrades)

do NCIX do finance options?

cavemancam

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
no NCIX doesn't finance the only one I Know of are Dell MDG and easyhome (but I would never use easyhome they cost twice as much as Dell or MDG) I have been approved through MDG and I don't know if Dell will finance me because of bad credit history

cavemancam

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
would this machine be worth getting and just upgrading the graphics when I have some extra cash? Are the CPU and RAM going to last the financing ( about 8 -12 months and will have it paid off)

moozilbee

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Oops, somehow I looked over the build and didn't notice it had a R7 250.
That's a very weak card, and this machine is more than likely meant for doing CPU and RAM intensive tasks, that don't strain the GPU.
However, if the case is big enough, you could always upgrade the GPU for a few hundred dollars to turn it into a beast of a gaming PC.

cavemancam

Reputable
Aug 17, 2014
The site claims it to be a gaming pc. But yea I think that is what I will do. I am going to find out if the case has room for a larger card so I can upgrade in the very near future. What am I looking for when I get a GPU i thought the more GBs the better but by the sounds of things it has to do more with the model number and the higher in the series the better. is this correct?

moozilbee

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
The performance of the card and the amount of Vram (video ram) don't directly correlate, it's just a silly marketing trick because "higher numbers are better, right?"

For that price range you want cards with 2-3GB of vram, the best choice for the price would be the R9 280x, or get an R9 280 and overclock it.

Solution