Good Gaming CPU and Graphics Card Combo with Micro-ATX Mobo under $300

JavaRedhead13

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
I am looking for a good CPU and Graphics card that I can put together for less than $300 USD. I am mostly going to do simulation games and regular computer things. I would prefer to avoid needing extra cooling because I don't have enough money for that. I know it is hard to do this, but I am on a low budget and don't want to spend a lot of money on technology that will probably be obsolete in a year or two. Thanks for all the amazing help I know I will get.

EDIT: I need a micro-atx motherboard as well.

JavaRedhead13

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014

I need a Micro-ATX Motherboard as well. Sorry I forgot to mention that the first time.

aarnav

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Get an APU... It has integrated graphics which are pretty powerful. It uses the ram in your computer as graphic memory if the ram speed is high you get high frames.. Don't get excited they are pretty medium end not that good.. BTW the guy above @rookie of the year gave you a sucky motherboard to power a beast of a processor.. It won't be able to keep up.... How much ram do you have? I have included 8 gb of fast ram... This will give you pretty decent performance...

List
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BHwBTW

May 22, 2014

what kind of RAM and PSU do u have?

I think you are right. That is quite a bit better GPU, and you are right that the fx 6300 will make an enjoyable gaming experience. I just figured for another $30 you get a nice little performance jump. But I would rather have the nicer GPU with the 6300 than my build. Good call sir!

JavaRedhead13

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014

Do you think I will need extra cooling to go with this system build?

If you want to overclock the CPU, you will. But if not, you won't need one. I am still running a stock cooler at stock speeds on my 6350, and the highest temps I get under load is 60 degrees...which is as high as one wants to go up to in my opinion. Also, I have a poorly ventilated case, so with a decent case, I would think one would get slightly better temps.