[SOLVED] Good gaming headseat needed. Razer Nari?? If you use please tell about it.

Power94

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
Hello guys, im in hunt for new gaming headset, currently using Razer mano'war (this is my 3th same headset) quality of sound is really good on them but this is 3th same headset what broken. This one even broke totally on half LOL...

So im in hunt for new headset which need to be better sound quality from my current ones. I was thinking about Razer Nari Ultimate? Does anyone use them? how is your experience with them?

Final question for people who used Razer mano'war... What gaming headset in this or better sound quality do you recommend me?

Waiting for your respond guys. Thanks <3

Solution
I have had many head sets and headphones over the years. The pro model headphones I currently use (no microphone) are Sennheiser HD 280 Pro; they were about $100 U.S. many years ago, have been durable and have very good sound. Might not be available any more but the Sennheiser line might be worth looking at since you say you don't use a mic. They were my preferred set when listening to music until v
CURrrently using HyperX Cloud Alpha (red). I am extremely happy with the sound quality - both for music and games, and the mic. is easily removable (but according to those I game with I sound better using this headset than any other I have used in the last 10-14 years - they can hear me and understand me). The HyperX Cloud 2 is a really...

Power94

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
First question: Which platform do you play? Headsets with a 3.5mm connection are almost always suitable for all consoles and your PC. However, consoles do not always support all functions because this software is dependent.
Second questuion: Do you want wireless or a wired gaming headset?
Only on pc, i dont mind wireless or wired its same to me, important is quality of sound and comfor that why i been using manowar

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Assuming you want a mic attached. I use Steel Series Arctis 7. It's wifi not Bluetooth wireless so no lag. Has its own repeater/switch so when headphones are off, regular speakers kick in, great range, I game for days without recharge. Has its own software to set custom sound eq for different games/discord etc. And it's comfortable. I'll hit 6-8hrs without issue. The mic is tuck-away, has mute, in game volume (can emphasize game or discord at will) and master volume.

Had them almost year and ½ now and still work like day 1.

I’ve not had the Nari but have had several Razer headsets over the years including the expensive Tiamat 7.1’s ( 2 were gifts). All have been disappointing sound quality compared to similar priced headsets from other companies. Also the build quality is very average except the Tiamat 7.1’s which were actually good in this respect. In summary I’m not a fan of Razer headsets if paying full price.

Power94

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
Assuming you want a mic attached. I use Steel Series Arctis 7. It's wifi not Bluetooth wireless so no lag. Has its own repeater/switch so when headphones are off, regular speakers kick in, great range, I game for days without recharge. Has its own software to set custom sound eq for different games/discord etc. And it's comfortable. I'll hit 6-8hrs without issue. The mic is tuck-away, has mute, in game volume (can emphasize game or discord at will) and master volume.

Had them almost year and ½ now and still work like day 1.
Yea i think about them but sound quality is even on man o war better, i really dont care of mic quality i even dont use it important thing for me is sound quality to be better then man o war as i use it for gaming and movies

Power94

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
I’ve not had the Nari but have had several Razer headsets over the years including the expensive Tiamat 7.1’s ( 2 were gifts). All have been disappointing sound quality compared to similar priced headsets from other companies. Also the build quality is very average except the Tiamat 7.1’s which were actually good in this respect. In summary I’m not a fan of Razer headsets if paying full price.
I really like man o war they sound really good but build quality sucks i destroy 3 of them so i want to take others now but sound quality and comfort must be better

I have had many head sets and headphones over the years. The pro model headphones I currently use (no microphone) are Sennheiser HD 280 Pro; they were about $100 U.S. many years ago, have been durable and have very good sound. Might not be available any more but the Sennheiser line might be worth looking at since you say you don't use a mic. They were my preferred set when listening to music until v
CURrrently using HyperX Cloud Alpha (red). I am extremely happy with the sound quality - both for music and games, and the mic. is easily removable (but according to those I game with I sound better using this headset than any other I have used in the last 10-14 years - they can hear me and understand me). The HyperX Cloud 2 is a really close match and connects through USB; I tested both before buying and just barely preferred the Alpha (one of my grandsons preferred the Cloud.).
Good luck, hope all the replies help.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not a fan of usb headphones. I had a set prior, and they were great, as long as they were connected prior to starting the game. If you unplug for any reason, windows switches defaults to pc speaker, and refuses to re-handshake the usb on reconnect. That'd happen if using any media. Quite annoying resetting when the usb gets bumped or accidentally pulled out of the port.