Good gaming laptop for under $700

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Damn, the Acer Nitro refurbished deal is gone, I just got my check today but they addressed it without the JR suffix, so I wasn't able to cash it.

Long story short, no Acer Nitro 5 for me. :(

Are there other deals too or was that the deal of the century?

The amazon "best seller" has only radeon vega3 for graphics. That barely qualifies as a gaming laptop.

The passmark rating is 1094.
By comparison, a GTX1050 has a rating of 4437 and that is the minimum I would buy.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
The best seller has nothing to do with performance or other important factors.

This is not how someone should make a buying decision.

Get the Acer Nitro 5, if looking for something bang for the buck.

It is undoubtedly the cheapest gaming laptop in the world yet offers great performance, but not something you can carry to school everyday.

Last edited:

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
It seems like that's the one!
But it is a bit more expensive then that refurbished deal

I'm 30 years old, on SSI, and have dreams of becoming a chemistry professor, or at least getting a bachelor's. I'm still working on mastering my math skills, so I haven't gotten very far yet in school for my major-

I think everyday of how crazy it is how the time has flied by, --there was always something though that I did, such as helping my dad when he got sick, before my mom got sick. Though I did waste a bit if time. A bit of time I wasted before I unlocked my hidden potential.

When I was homeless I learned to study and I really loved it. Unfortunately I found myself trying to juggle between my dreams and trying to get vocational skills in automotive at community college. It came down to would I want to pass the one math class, and fail the other two, or pass the other two and fail the math class.

Foolishly, I chose to set my dreams aside and worry about what would affect my GPA the most.

In all honesty, at this time I do not know if I have the time to be playing games.

And I've felt this way before.

There is free time that I do have, and how I should fill it is anybodies guess.

I guess I mean to say that I think I've outgrown games

Nonetheless, something needs to be done with my time besides studying math, and this program that I'm in. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Sincerely,

Gregg leaverton

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
It seems like that's the one!
But it is a bit more expensive then that refurbished deal

I'm 30 years old, on SSI, and have dreams of becoming a chemistry professor, or at least getting a bachelor's. I'm still working on mastering my math skills, so I haven't gotten very far yet in school for my major-

I think everyday of how crazy it is how the time has flied by, --there was always something though that I did, such as helping my dad when he got sick, before my mom got sick. Though I did waste a bit if time. A bit of time I wasted before I unlocked my hidden potential.

When I was homeless I learned to study and I really loved it. Unfortunately I found myself trying to juggle between my dreams and trying to get vocational skills in automotive at community college. It came down to would I want to pass the one math class, and fail the other two, or pass the other two and fail the math class.

Foolishly, I chose to set my dreams aside and worry about what would affect my GPA the most.

In all honesty, at this time I do not know if I have the time to be playing games.

And I've felt this way before.

There is free time that I do have, and how I should fill it is anybodies guess.

I guess I mean to say that I think I've outgrown games

Nonetheless, something needs to be done with my time besides studying math, and this program that I'm in. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Sincerely,

Gregg leaverton

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
They seem like they have lost there appeal,

I am not sure why

:(

(Yes you do, think says YODA)

How come the Acer Nitro isn't good for carrying to school? Because of its weight? 5lbs seems like nothing?

I had a 15" Dell I got from my mom a while ago I was carrying it to school it didn't seem to heavy...

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Nevermind , I forgot my thoughts I last night.

I won't be able to afford an Acer nitro
A 5.11 rush 12 or 24
And a scooter

Sagar_20

Distinguished
It's OK.

Get whatever you can afford.

At least now, you know what's good for you.

Yes, Acer Nitro-5 is a heavy weight laptop but bang for the buck.

Acer Aspire 5s is a decent everyday use laptop but i'm sure you can find great deals on used/refurbished laptops for the same price that are a lot more powerful.

Just don't buy something that's too old.

Good luck for your future.

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Video games are a good time killer for people of all ages.

Was I saying they weren't?

Perhaps I should have said that I've waisted enough time.

This reminds me of the scripture-- when I became a man I put away childish things, something like that.

I think that what you said has some bearance

There is always a time for games, or childish things--at any age.

Just as video games are a good time killer at any age

I wasn't wasn't meaning to say they weren't

What I meant to say was that I've waisted enough time and do not feel like I have the time, instead of outgrown them.

There is only so much time left, that I must prioritize what I want to accomplish.

--

There was never a time that was acceptable to waste

The scripture should say when I waisted enough time I put away childish things...

Becoming a man and prioritizing time shouldn't be meaning the same thing.

We should prioritize time from day one