Good Gamming Laptop Without All The Gimmicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Le Monde

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
Hello All,

In my searches for gaming laptops I have been some what surprised in the unbalanced build of laptops and all the gimmicks that run the prices up. For an example; i7 @ 2.6Ghz, gt 940, 256SDD and 16GBs of Ram for $1600. I am looking for a laptop with a good graphics card and and processor with out all 'gimmicky' up-charges (SSD, <8Gb, etc.). I am thinking something along the lines of an i7, gtx 970m (I supposed I could go to a gtx 960m) and 8GB of ram for no more than $1500 Canadian (taxes not included). I have been looking extensively and have not found much, so I have turned to the community. I want to know if anyone knows of any other good gaming laptops around my $1500 price point.

Fruits of my labour;
~EUROCOM M5 Pro (i7 @ 2.5 GHz, GTX 970M and 8GB ram) $1,549.99
~Asus G751JL (i7 @ 2.6 GHz, GTX 965M and 12GB ram) $1,424.98 (odd i know, think it is clearance)
~MSI Apache (i7 @ 2.7 GHz, GTX 960m and 8GB ram) $1299.99
Leaning towards Apache

I am using the laptop for;
~School work
~Programming Java
~Gaming
-Competitive Tf2 (The Major Reason I am Upgrading, Getting Horrible Tears on current)
-Cs:Go
-I want to get into Triple A games but my current laptop can not run them
~I also want to start some twitch streams and maybe a YouTube channel (current pc can not handle)

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Si Le Monde

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015

I will certainly check out Lenovo products in more detail. I briefly looked at the Y50 UHD, but failed to find suppliers in Canada. I am VERY hesitant to order something out of United States because of the trumped-up "shipping and handling fees". Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.