Good GPU for AC Origins

Invader Dubstep

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
I am just looking for a decent gpu that will let me enjoy the latest Assassin's Creed game out there (Origins) with good graphics. I'm not looking to play it on Very High settings but honestly nobody would want to play it on Very Low, am I right? I cannot give my current PC specs at the moment because I am in school. I can try to do that later, but I am just looking for some suggestions. Nothing outrageously expensive, y'know.

Solution
GTX 1050 Ti is what you're looking for. Unless you can afford GTX 1060 3GB, actually it's on sale right now. You'll have to settle for a lower quality cooler on the 1060.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card ($158.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $158.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-31 07:37 EDT-0400

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $189.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when...
Yeah I know you'll need to upgrade the GPU, but you won't have to spend a ton on an expensive one is what I meant. You never mentioned your max budget for this though, or what wattage and amperage your PSU is, which factors in as well.

Kinda hard to pinpoint what your best option is when you leave out key details like that.

GTX 1050 Ti is what you're looking for. Unless you can afford GTX 1060 3GB, actually it's on sale right now. You'll have to settle for a lower quality cooler on the 1060.

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 Video Card ($158.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $158.98

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $189.99

Solution
Yeah I was going to say 1060 3GB, but didn't know whether he could afford a 6GB version of it. The 3GB one is OK for most games at 1080p, but there are some games now where you'll not be able to use max texture settings due to the 3GB VRAM.

Going forward that number of games will only increase. For this reason I suggest you wait to see what holiday pricing will be on the 1060 6GB and try to add another 1-3 month's savings as well.

If you're like most gamers that are on a budget, and everything you've said indicates that, you will likely be on this GPU 3 or more years. That's a LONG time to be increasingly limited by VRAM demanding games.

Bottom line, weigh this decision carefully, it's an important one for future readiness. Where major components are concerned, the impatient buyer is often the regretful one. This is why I held out to see what your MAX budget was.

Truth is your budget is not far off from a 6GB model. The mini one fan ones start at $250, and the dual fan ones $270, and that's without holiday pricing. One of the best performers at a pretty good price with solid reviews is this EVGA. It's $255 through today.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487261&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Invader Dubstep

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Money is tight at the moment and I want to play origins and enjoy it but I don't have a good enough graphics card. I currently am not working because my job has closed for the winter so