[SOLVED] Good graphics card for 4 monitor charts display ?

Solution
I think you can do better than what your local tech suggested.
Do you have a budget?

Start with the monitor.
I might suggest a 4k 43" monitor that has a displayport connection like this philips unit:
https://www.newegg.com/philips-bdm4350uc-42-5/p/N82E16824133396
I have been using the older 40" version for some time, and it works well.

I like the i7-10700K as a suggested processor.
If you are not in a big hurry, I would wait a month or so for the i7-11070K to arrive.
It will offer some 19% better single thread performance and it is likely to be competitively priced.

I disagree with liquid cooling. A top end cooler like the noctua NH-D15s will cool equally well as the gammax unit. It will be quieter, more reliable,cost half as...
A splitter replicates the output so you would get the same image on all 4 monitors; I doubt that is what you want.

Do you now have the 4 monitors?
If so, what inputs do they accept?

What pc are you using?

Do you have a budget?

I might suggest that a single large 4k monitor would be a better solution.
You can size the charts as appropriate and there would be no borders.

Thanks for the input. I can use HDMI Splitter right. something of this sort. so why do you need 4 ports ?
As @geofelt said, that only mirrors the same image. You need 4 different outputs for 4 individual monitors displaying individually :) .

Well... I am amazed I never thought of that! It is a simple and elegant solution!

Dec 28, 2020
Hi Geofelt,

At present using an extended monitor on my laptop via display port. The 4 monitor setup is meant for desktop. The local technician gave me this specs. I'm not sure what adjusment need to be made. Primarily it will be used for applications/ charts display etc no gaming or video editing.

• CPU : Core i7-10700k upto 5.1 Ghz
    • CPU-Cooler : Deepcool - Gammaxx L240 V2 240MM
    • Motherboard : Gigabyte - Z490 UD AC
    • Graphics-Card : Nvidia - Quadro P620
    • SSD : Kingston - A2000 250GB Nvme
    • HDD : Seagate - Barracuda 1TB
    • RAM : 16x2 - Gskill Ripjaw 32GB 3200
    • SMPS : Coolermaster - MWE V2 650W
    • Case : MSI - Vampiric 100R

A splitter replicates the output so you would get the same image on all 4 monitors; I doubt that is what you want.

Do you now have the 4 monitors?
If so, what inputs do they accept?

What pc are you using?

Do you have a budget?

Hi Geofelt,

At present using an extended monitor on my laptop via display port. The 4 monitor setup is meant for desktop. The local technician gave me this specs. I'm not sure what adjusment need to be made. Primarily it will be used for applications/ charts display etc no gaming or video editing.

• CPU : Core i7-10700k upto 5.1 Ghz
    • CPU-Cooler : Deepcool - Gammaxx L240 V2 240MM
    • Motherboard : Gigabyte - Z490 UD AC
    • Graphics-Card : Nvidia - Quadro P620
    • SSD : Kingston - A2000 250GB Nvme
    • HDD : Seagate - Barracuda 1TB
    • RAM : 16x2 - Gskill Ripjaw 32GB 3200
    • SMPS : Coolermaster - MWE V2 650W
    • Case : MSI - Vampiric 100R
You should be able to display out up to two displays with the i7-10700k from the motherboard as well as up to two displays with any Nvidia GPU from the 10xx/16xx/20xx/30xx series. Many if not most of the AMD RX series cards from 400/500 to 5000/6000 support 4 monitor output, but support may vary between models and board partner brands like ASUS or EVGA,so you will have to check that specifically for a model if you find it in stock.

As far as I know, you shouldn't have any issues mixing GPU outputs between the motherboard and an add-in GPU, but it needs some tinkering to work that way and I don't know if the Intel or AMD iGPUs support two 4k@60Hz displays. You may also be able to daisy chain a third monitor on the dedicated GPUs through the DisplayPort.

You might be better off buying two GT 1030 if you cant get anything else and you are building the system. You could also try buying the recommended Quadro card for around $225-250 (about double two GT 1030) and build a system with similar specs. Otherwise buying a prebuilt system with a Quadro is just a simple and easy expensive solution.

I think you can do better than what your local tech suggested.
Do you have a budget?

Start with the monitor.
I might suggest a 4k 43" monitor that has a displayport connection like this philips unit:
https://www.newegg.com/philips-bdm4350uc-42-5/p/N82E16824133396
I have been using the older 40" version for some time, and it works well.

I like the i7-10700K as a suggested processor.
If you are not in a big hurry, I would wait a month or so for the i7-11070K to arrive.
It will offer some 19% better single thread performance and it is likely to be competitively priced.

I disagree with liquid cooling. A top end cooler like the noctua NH-D15s will cool equally well as the gammax unit. It will be quieter, more reliable,cost half as much, require no maintenance. aio coolers do not last forever.
While unusual, aio coolers can leak with disastrous consequences.

The gigabyte motherboard has only a single hdmi output that can run 4k at only 30hz.
You want displayport output to run 4k at 60hz which the philips is capable of.

When buying new, newer tech is usually best.
I might pick this msi Z590 motherboard.
It has ample vrm power capability for a top processor, and has both a dp and hdmi rear panel output.
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144386

I would defer on the graphics card. I get nice performance at 4k using integrated HD630 graphics anf the Xe graphics of Z590 is supposed to be better.
It would pay to read motherboard reviews first which should come out soon.

Use only a ssd of some sort for everything.
A 1tb samsung 860 evo conventional ssd will be about $110.

A pcie m.2 samsung 970 evo would be about $130.
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-970-evo-1tb/p/N82E16820147691?&quicklink=true
The benefit of pcie is some 4x faster sequential processing.
That is not as good as it sounds, most of your work will be random.
If you want the absolute best and money is not a great concern, the samsung 980 pro 1tb would be $230:
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-1tb-980-pro/p/N82E16820147790

32gb is a good idea. g.skil is good, but buy a 2 x 16gb 3600 speed kit,
it should cost no more.

Do not go cheap on the psu.
Coolermaster quality is iffy., and I think the selected unit is way down on this quality list:

650w is fine
Look for a quality unit with a 10 year warranty.
Seasonic is always good.

Cases are a personal thing.
If you like "bling" many cases now come with all sorts of winky blinky lights.
Not for me, I find it distracting.
What you want is a case with good cooling. That would be at least two front 120/140mm intakes that are filtered. I would also want at least 160mm available for a good air cooler.
I recently bought this cm HAF XB EVO.
https://www.newegg.com/black-cooler-master-haf-series-atx-desktop/p/N82E16811119265
Easiest case ever to work with.
It has two hot swap bays in front for backup devices if you want.
A more conventional case might be the fractal design Meshify C
https://www.newegg.com/black-fractal-design-meshify-c-tg-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352084

Solution