Question good headphones for working

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
i had been putting movies from dvds over to MP4. Movies that has high and low parts to the movie, one minute you be having to turn the volume down when the sound be blasting high and next, you be have to turn up the sound when the sound in the movie be too low.
So i had been editing some audio from to even out the sound. What are some very good headphones that will let you hear any noise in the background of the audio that can be fix.

Lutfij

Titan
What are some very good headphones that will let you hear any noise in the background of the audio that can be fix.
That is a hard question to answer, considering how the content you're working with will have discrepancies in the (source)audio. Christopher Nolan's recent movies are one example whereby the vocals were dulled down but the music was overpowering. Same can be said for his other movie, Interstellar.

What app are you working with? Isn't there an option for you to equalize the volume when certain scenes come up? To also add, what sound card are you working with?

i had been putting movies from dvds over to MP4. Movies that has high and low parts to the movie, one minute you be having to turn the volume down when the sound be blasting high and next, you be have to turn up the sound when the sound in the movie be too low.
So i had been editing some audio from to even out the sound. What are some very good headphones that will let you hear any noise in the background of the audio that can be fix.

You should be able to use audio normalization in either the video encoder options or the playback options. Many TVs, soundbars and PC software can make the loud and soft sounds more even.

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/technical/audio-drc.html

For headphones with good detail, any good headphone will be good enough for mixing in a non-professional setting. For a nice mid-low range set with good detail the Phillips Fidelio may be good.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
ok, what video card has to do with good studio headphones that let u hear unwanted sound in the audio track to be corrected.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
good pair of studio headphones to be able to listen to the little details in your audio track I can listing to the audio track on the media player connected to the tv. When listing to the tack with my Vizio sound bar, i can hear unwanted sound in the audio tracks that i need to remove it. So what is some studio headphones that let you hear any bad details in the audio track that i can go back to remove the unwanted sound

Last edited:

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
That what i just trying to get at. I had a bunch of DVDs and the audio was wacked out. One moment, the sound was blasting and have to turn down the volume, the next, the sound is to low and up with the volume. So, i got I ripped the DVDs on the desktop that i have a sound editor on it. for the mean tile, once that i had edited and even out the sound, i put the audio track on a USB and played it on the tv>Listing the the track through the Vizio sound bar, i can hear so much noise, the audio wasn't clear, so i had to go back to the desktop to work on the audio track until i had removed all the noise from the track. So that why I'm looking for studio headphone, so i can head the less unwanted sound in the audio track so i can be removed. this pair is good, just wanted to make sure that can u hear the unwanted sounds in the track that needs remove

Maybe a different approach to the project would have worked better. With multichannel content, almost all of the dialog that you want to hear is on the center channel; its the reason they invented that channel e.g. 5.1 rather than 4.1. You could Normalize/Maximize the center channel, drop the LFE channel completely since you're not using a subwoofer, and then lower the remaining 4 channels by -10dB so that the loud parts would not overwhelm the dialog. You could also use Loudness Normalization on all of the channels so that the sound would be more even with the 4 non-dialog channels loudness-normalized at a lower level.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
headphones i found this here online. This is simply because when you are in a studio, you need to hear the audio as it was recorded to be able to get rid of unwanted noises and electrical interference as well as be able to precisely know what you need to enhance to make the audio perfect

D

Deleted member 14196

That what i just trying to get at. I had a bunch of DVDs and the audio was wacked out. One moment, the sound was blasting and have to turn down the volume, the next, the sound is to low and up with the volume. So, i got I ripped the DVDs on the desktop that i have a sound editor on it. for the mean tile, once that i had edited and even out the sound, i put the audio track on a USB and played it on the tv>Listing the the track through the Vizio sound bar, i can hear so much noise, the audio wasn't clear, so i had to go back to the desktop to work on the audio track until i had removed all the noise from the track. So that why I'm looking for studio headphone, so i can head the less unwanted sound in the audio track so i can be removed. this pair is good, just wanted to make sure that can u hear the unwanted sounds in the track that needs remove
That’s called dynamic audio. The headphones I saw listed above I have a pair of those and they do sound good but they are not very comfortable to wear for long periods of time

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1cherokee79