Good Headset?

Projektrev

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Can someone PLEASE recommend a good set of headphones for gaming on my laptop? Its an Asus G74sx with Realtek HD soundcard. I want one with good build quality (IE: Won't break easily, etc.) A good mic for vent and other programs like it and most importantly good sound quality (Closed acoustics, unfortunately.) The headset I have is the Planetronics Gamecom 777 but the plastics breaking. It would be really cool if along with the great sound quality it had good base because I enjoy listening to music with a lot of bass. I was looking at the razer tiamat 2.2, now I'm looking at Sennheiser PC 350/360 (Probably the 350 over the 360 because of open acoustics). I'm getting a lot of different responses ranging from whats good, to what will work well on my laptop, to "Having to get an external sound card" (I'd prefer not too.) Can someone PLEASE give some suggestions/input? Thank you!

the stenhiesers are good for the money especially the old 550's but i doubt you will find any of them in stores today. you may also want to check out technica they do some great audiophile headgear. perfect for gaming if you dont mind using a clip on mic / stand alone mic.
logitech/ creative do some decent wireless headsets i think either coolermaster or corsair also do a good 1.
just stay clear of scullcandy/beats/turtlebeach/razer for the most part. the banshee being an exception as there not overpriced for what they are and are pretty well made/designed.

Projektrev

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I want a Sennheiser. Not sure which one. I like having the mic integrated in. I'll look into logitech, but I don't really care for wireless. Haha, will definitely stay clear of those, though I used to like razer. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS