[SOLVED] Good idle and gaming temps AMD FX 6100

Feb 3, 2020
So I have a AMD FX 6100 six core, and I was wondering about idle and gaming temps for it

this system was giving to me by a friend so I’m not 100% on the details of the conputerbecause I had no PC at the time, so it’s fairly old has abit of dust

Currently idle temps: via BIOS) is 52c with 2200rpm
And gaming it hits around 70-75c not sure on rpm though
System temp(via bios) is 36c
(I also live in Australia so normally house is a little warm at this time of the year)

also what would be best for gaming “Voltage or PWM (or auto) Can’t seem to find what would be best for gaming

Thanks in advance

Solution
So I have a AMD FX 6100 six core, and I was wondering about idle and gaming temps for it

this system was giving to me by a friend so I’m not 100% on the details of the conputerbecause I had no PC at the time, so it’s fairly old has abit of dust

(I also live in Australia so normally house is a little warm at this time of the year)

also what would be best for gaming “Voltage or PWM (or auto) Can’t seem to find what would be best for gaming

Thanks in advance
Seems like good temps for your climate but depends which program you used to measure. I'd suggest AMD Overdrive...

Lutfij

Titan
Auto for the fans is a good idea. Also, for your region, I think you're in the right spectrum with temps. Mind sharing your current specs with us like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Ambient air temps will help us gauge your results a little better.

Thanks in advance
Seems like good temps for your climate but depends which program you used to measure. I'd suggest AMD Overdrive https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4645-amd-overdrive.html
Bios temps are not good reper because it's in "limbo" state as power saving and temperature adjustments adjustments are not in the play.
"best for gaming “Voltage or PWM (or auto)" same as for anything else.

Solution
Feb 3, 2020
Auto for the fans is a good idea. Also, for your region, I think you're in the right spectrum with temps. Mind sharing your current specs with us like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Ambient air temps will help us gauge your results a little better.

CPU: AMD FX 6100 six core
CPU cooler: not sure, but AMD fan
Motherboard: not sure but Gigabyte MB
Ram: 2x8GB, Brand: Kingston
SSD/HDD: Western Digital 1TB HDD
GPU: Nvidia gta 960 4GB
PSU: Cooler POWER 750W PSU
Chassis: not sure, i believe it might be an AMD case?

I'm was asking about CPU temps because while gaming, 3 times everything froze, couldn't do anything had to force shutdown, then later i find out 1/2 RAM sticks arent available and i just got a BSOD for memory issues & previously had other BSOD for what i think was HDD, due to load times being a little longer

Edit: I'm also aware that my CPU is bottlenecking my system, RAM: DDR3 SDRAM

2nd edit: keep having issues where i have a game open, and then everything will freeze, and mostly temps are under 60-65c when everything freezes, so i no longer think its over heating on CPU or GPU

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020
Seems like good temps for your climate but depends which program you used to measure. I'd suggest AMD Overdrive https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4645-amd-overdrive.html
Bios temps are not good reper because it's in "limbo" state as power saving and temperature adjustments adjustments are not in the play.
"best for gaming “Voltage or PWM (or auto)" same as for anything else.
alright thanks mate, I'll give it a look now