Question Good in ear headphone

gamepassion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hello,

I am a passionate listener to classical music (and other genres) and I would like to take a leap forward with audio quality. Right now, I am listening from my S8+ using included headphones tuned by AKG. At home, I use a Sennheiser HD202 over ear headphone. Well, it is good but not so great. 202 is better than Samsung's so I know how much difference can be there.

I am looking at a FiiO F9 Pro pair and a FiiO Q1 mark II amp. Are there any better solutions for the price? Will the amp really make a difference? Should I go for a different amp? I really am in the dark and not really understand the technicalities. Also, I can't test the products, as no showroom in my area.

Thanks!

For IEMs, I can't think of any that would really benefit from an amp, unless you are not talking about getting IEMs but a normal headphone.

For a good IEM under 100 I'd say the kz sz10 pro are the ones to get. I have a set and they sound very very good, even compared to a few higher end sets I have. For portable sound you will see a big jump in quality even using the phone output without any additional DACs on it.

Last edited: