[SOLVED] good internet connection, but slow downloads

May 10, 2019
when i download any game from steam or any other game launcher my download speed shifts between 12 MB/s and 0 B/s really fast, but all the other computers in my house can download at like 20-30 MB/s.

i have a 240GB ssd so it shouldn't be my harddrive that's my problem
and my computer is top prioritised in our network settings
on https://www.speedtest.net/ i get 440 Mb/s download speed

Solution
It might have something to do with your nic. Is your pc connected to the internet via wi-fi? If so try using a wired connection. Also check if other computers are downloading anything big at the moment you are using steam. If nothing works then contact your isp.

hasanuzzaman015

Reputable
Oct 15, 2019
It might have something to do with your nic. Is your pc connected to the internet via wi-fi? If so try using a wired connection. Also check if other computers are downloading anything big at the moment you are using steam. If nothing works then contact your isp.

Solution
May 10, 2019
im already using an ethernet cable, and i have tested downloading when no other device in the house is on and using internet, but it still shifts between 0 B/s and 12 MB/s. i will try contacting my isp