Question Good internet speeds but ping is super high

Sep 28, 2020
My internet speeds are pretty good (50 mbps download, 10 mbps upload) and speedtests say around 10 ping. On about every game I play (rocket league, among us, etc.), the ping is outrageously high. They stick around 200 and sometimes spike up to 3k ping. I don't know if its my adapter, wifi card, the modem itself or if its on my ISP's end. Any help would be appreciated!

RealBeast

Titan
My internet speeds are pretty good (50 mbps download, 10 mbps upload) and speedtests say around 10 ping. On about every game I play (rocket league, among us, etc.), the ping is outrageously high. They stick around 200 and sometimes spike up to 3k ping. I don't know if its my adapter, wifi card, the modem itself or if its on my ISP's end. Any help would be appreciated!
Could be any of the above, please provide more details on equipment. And wireless is not good for gaming almost ever, as it has much higher latency than an Ethernet cable.

Sep 28, 2020
Hello, thank you for the quick response! I have a TP LINK wireless USB adapter (model AC600) and a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller (which im 99% sure is the wifi card). I know wireless isn't great for gaming but I've been running wireless fine for around 2 years (Modem is pretty knew around 4 months old). Ping just started to increase for no reason out of no where about 4 days ago.