Good joystick/HOTAS for space/flight sims?

Jake Milliken

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014
I'm planning to buy a good joystick or HOTAS for primarily War Thunder and Star Citizen, and potentially other flight/space sims. Seeing as flight sims and space sims have their significant differences, I'd like to have something that's good for both. Build quality and accuracy are very important here, but also consider grip/comfort and try to stay within $100. Looking for a good value, can be HOTAS/Joystick. I'm pretty open to options, so I appreciate any help, thanks!

Jake Milliken

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014

I went to Amazon and people seem to have problems with the durability of it and its buttons, and the joystick and throttle feeling stiff and clingy. Is this a common big issue, or is this just minor stuff that is really only important to know for hardcore simmers?

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I don't own one yet and have only the information from numerous reviews. The problem with reviews is they are usually made with a minimal amount of time for the reviewer to be satisfied. Compare that to the lifetime use an owner will do. A review is really just a first impression in that context. I will still get one when SC launches.

Rexer

Distinguished
Hey.. . Anyone there? I broke my 2nd. Saitek. It wasn't very durable. Arrrgggh. Anyone find a second best?... I agree, the Saitek joy-stick was the best I ever used. I turned under, in and away in dogfights, dodged flack and escaped missile chases. I have two Saiteks that the buttons or switches don't work anymore. I'm heartbroken for my joystick and my wallet! It's no cheap stick.