Good list for gaming PC build?

NeonTechMan

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
Hey guys

I'm in the process of making my very own PC build. I have a list of all the parts I need, and I have two questions. First, let me show you my list:

CPU: Intel i5 4690

MotherBoard: ASRock Z97 Extreme4

RAM/Memory: 8G Kit 2400 G-Skill Ripjaws-Z

Hard Disk Drive (HDD): WD 7200rpm LPLX 500GB

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black

Power Supply Unit (PSU): Thermaltake Lite Power 550

Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): 4G GTX 970 Gainward (3354)

Operating System: Windows 7 (possibly 10)

So, my first question is, will this build give me a pc that can run the most demanding games on a stable 60 Frames per second and on a decent graphics setting? I know the CPU is good, but I'm mostly worried about the motherboard and the GPU not being good enough.

Secondly, are these parts able to work well together? I've heard that if I don't want my games to stutter, all of my parts need to be about equal in performance.

Thanks!

Solution
So, my first question is, will this build give me a pc that can run the most demanding games on a stable 60 Frames per second and on a decent graphics setting? I know the CPU is good, but I'm mostly worried about the motherboard and the GPU not being good enough.

Secondly, are these parts able to work well together? I've heard that if I don't want my games to stutter, all of my parts need to be about equal in performance.

Thanks!

Yes, you will able to run pretty much everything @ 1080p with 60+ fps. I5 4th gen and 970 are a good combo and your gpu should be able to reach 100% usage (which exactly what you want). The motherbaord has little input in performance assuming that comes with standard features like pcie 3.0. Yes, all...

Thanks!

Yes, you will able to run pretty much everything @ 1080p with 60+ fps. I5 4th gen and 970 are a good combo and your gpu should be able to reach 100% usage (which exactly what you want). The motherbaord has little input in performance assuming that comes with standard features like pcie 3.0. Yes, all the parts will work just. I would change the motherboard to h97 to free budget for a better hard drive as 500 gb is typically not enough for a gaming rig.

Solution