Good Mechanical Keyboard for Under $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean P

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Just like the title says, I'm looking into a sturdy mechanical keyboard that's preferrably under $50. I don't have money to burn, and I don't wanna spend all of it on simply a keyboard being used for a not-so-good value laptop. The reason that I'm looking into a mechanical keyboard in the first place is because I am a fairly hard typer, and i actually sometimes make the rubber domes on standard laptop keyboard flatten out to the point where they don't even work anymore. Several keys on my laptop's standard not-so-great keyboard have fallen off. Since I game quite often on it, the w key has pretty much fallen off more times than people have died in flappy bird. I don't really like rubberdome keyboard all that much simply because to me they just spell the word 'cheap' since they use those rubber membrane switches instead of the buckling spring switch or cherry switches. And yes, the external keyboard that I'm using at the moment is a membrane keyboard, which is why I would like a mechanical one, preferably for very cheap via amazon or any other hardware store or trusted online shopping center. I don'tr just want a mechanical keyboard for the clickiness(but I'm not saying that factor doesn't matter either), I also want the durability and the precision of one too. :p

preferably also one that I can use for school work and moderate gaming without MX brown switches. but if browns are the cheapest then that's wahts gonna happen.

Sean P

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

yeah, that's waht i figured too. either that or i'll save up for a razer blackwidow ultimate

I don't think you're going to get a budget mechanical keyboard for $50 much less a nice one. Maybe back in the day when they were typically mechanical and it wasn't repackaged to consumers as a 'performance' feature lol. Reminds me of gasoline. They charged consumers more for leaded fuel. Then they charged us more for unleaded fuel because it burns cleaner. They failed to mention gasoline is naturally lead free and that the lead in it was actually an additive since it didn't have lead in it. Keep selling us the old stuff for more money like they reinvented it. lol.

I'd say get a decent membrane keyboard for now and save up if you want a mechanical one. Most of the time I used microsoft or logitech basic keyboards for $20-25 and they work pretty well for a couple years. It may not have all the fancy features, but it'll do for a good 6mo or longer until you've got the money for a nice one you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.