Question Good mic and headphones

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Hello all I need some recommendations on mic and headphones but not overpriced
As I already own Logitech g935 but want to upgrade to something better as I want to do livestream and have good quality while talking and have good in games quality on headphones as for my own research
I found mic AT2040 and headphones I’ve been looking at DT990 pro but I head some people said that they are not good especially for fps games is that true is there any better ones for similar prices so basically my budget for mic around £100 and as for headphones aswell £100 might be able to go a bit higher but defiantly not over £200

Lutfij

Titan
The DT990 Pro comes in two variants, an 80 Ohm version and a 250 Ohm version. Which one are you looking at? That being asked, the headphones you've mentioned are meant for audiophiles, not gaming. The AT2040 doesn't come with any cables and as such you should be well served getting a mixer with phantom power/XLR connectivity on it. The listing I've seen for the AT2040 doesn't include the XLR cable, just thought I'd make you aware of that in case you order and find the mic doesn't have anything to hook up with.

What is the make and model of your soundcard? If you're working off of a motherboard's onboard sound solution, then please mention the make and model of the motherboard.

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
The DT990 Pro comes in two variants, an 80 Ohm version and a 250 Ohm version. Which one are you looking at? That being asked, the headphones you've mentioned are meant for audiophiles, not gaming. The AT2040 doesn't come with any cables and as such you should be well served getting a mixer with phantom power/XLR connectivity on it. The listing I've seen for the AT2040 doesn't include the XLR cable, just thought I'd make you aware of that in case you order and find the mic doesn't have anything to hook up with.

What is the make and model of your soundcard? If you're working off of a motherboard's onboard sound solution, then please mention the make and model of the motherboard.
I was looking at 250ohm
My motherboard Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WIFI D4
Which one could you recommend for gaming if you could post up what I need to buy to make sure with cables and everything is connected