Question Good mic sounds bad through games' voice chat and through discord.

SenSe1

Reputable
May 10, 2019
My mic is a condenser mic that works properly and connected to a phantom power supply, for some odd reason, it's quality is really bad through Discord and in game voice chats, but in windows it sounds incredible, I tried everything and I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

SenSe1

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Yes I have tried changing the settings in Discord, but the issue happens in every program or game, not specifically in Discord but in Windows sound settings the mic is perfectly fine.

Nov 23, 2020
My mic is a condenser mic that works properly and connected to a phantom power supply, for some odd reason, it's quality is really bad through Discord and in game voice chats, but in windows it sounds incredible, I tried everything and I don't know what to do, any suggestions?
Did you solve the problem? i have the same exact problem, help me please if you have solved this. Thanks

Aug 13, 2021
Hello everyone!

same problem here. Whenever I have a game running, my microphone has problems. Bad voice with lot of cuts.

I am on windows 10 with Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. At first I thought it was internet connection but using the windows voice recorder I realised it's intern to my computer.

The problems appears also with very old games, therefore it's probably not linked to the computer's performance....

It's very problematic to play online with friends...

Help would be very welcomed