Good MMORPG game?

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
Hi, im looking for a good mmorpg. I played world of warcraft since cataclysm, and now it started to be boring. So, im looking for good rpg that is still popular-has many players. Can you suggest me at which games i should take look? I looked for gw2 and nahh

Solution
I think the OP tried GW2 and didn't care for it (last sentence).

If you haven't tried it though they do have a trial.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-guild-wars-2-for-free-today/

WildCard999

Titan
Blade & Soul is pretty fun although with higher level dungeons you'll want to know the mechs or you'll get booted fairly quick.

Tera's fun, F2P, the only bad part is some gender/race locked classes.

Soulworker is neat for a F2P anime MMORPG however the leveling is painfully slow IMO.

Closer is another F2P anime MMORPG but with a sidescrolling element to it. It's fun but appears to be lacking players as every time I try to get a team there's no one joining my quest even when the server is populated. This could also be due to my current level (18) as the majority of players I see are much higher.

Black Desert is a good game when it's on sale on Steam for $5. It has good mechanics and the story is decent but I got bored with it after awhile.

Vindictus is pretty good, F2P and where the game gets it's cash is from the costume shops which a full outfit (if you count underwear/costume & hair) will be about $30 which is actually reasonable at least for me as I've put about 80 hours into the game.

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
Guild Wars 2. It's FTP and I have friends who rave about it. I just started not long ago...pretty interesting. Different take in that you can create your character's backstory at the very beginning.

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017

I know for FF IV but whenever i watched gameplays, youtubers didnt tell good thing about it, so i just skipped it. All reviews were like "im surprised it's not dead"

WildCard999

Titan

Those may of been initial impressions and maybe after the first major updates but I've heard really good things about it.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Yup, I still play. The original beta before the reboot was a nightmare and I was horrified how few changes were made before the initial release. The whole auction house retainers system, the inventory system, and the interface itself at launch were such that I couldn't believe anyone at Square/Enix had actually tried to play their own game.

The rework definitely made it a much better game and I'd call both expansions successful (I've played a lot of most of the games in this thread). The storylines tend to be among the best executed in MMOs and the various roulettes have taken away most of the issues with getting parties for less popular, older content. My only real complaint at the moment is that the current endgame always tends to be a little sparse, with not enough variety in the grinding of the currency du jour. But there's a lot of gameplay up until you actually hit that point; starting now, the updates are quick enough that it would probably take a good while to catch up to the most recent content.

logainofhades

Titan

You are experiencing end of expansion blues, so being bored is not unexpected. BfA is only 12 days away.