Question Good mobo to be paired with Ryzen 5700G ?

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Hi, trying to take advantage of the good deals on parts and such and i am thinking of putting together a build using the amd ryzen 5700g........what would be a good MOB to be paired with this cpu. As of right now i am NOT thinking of gaming with this system using an external graphics card......if i did gaming it would be using the onboard graphics but not sure what MOB to use with this

Hi, trying to take advantage of the good deals on parts and such and i am thinking of putting together a build using the amd 5700g........what would be a good MOB to be paired with this cpu. As of right now i am NOT thinking of gaming with this system using an external graphics card......if i did gaming it would be using the onboard graphics but not sure what MOB to use with this
Budget and form factor (ATX/mATX/mITX)?

I would recommend a B550 board and they come in all budgets and sizes.
Choose A Motherboard - PCPartPicker

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
this is why i ask questions on this forum.....i had not picked out the case as yet so i dont know what form factor to go with. thanks. i am probably not going to go with some massive case. B550 ...thanks!

this is why i ask questions on this forum.....i had not picked out the case as yet so i dont know what form factor to go with. thanks. i am probably not going to go with some massive case. B550 ...thanks!
If you want to avoid a massive case go with mATX size:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PD...-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b550m-pro-vdh-wifi

A 5700G APU is fairly low power so doesn't throw off a lot of heat, and not running a discrete GPU means that won't be throwing off massive amounts either. So it will get along just fine without a lot of case fans or a huge CPU heatsink making a nice, compact, mATX case a great choice even for a silent system. Also, a compact case lets you be flexible with where it's located. That makes WiFi a desireable feature since it's not tethered to a network cord.

There's even more flexibility with an mITX board size and cases. But being so small and compact system build can be difficult and tends to be considerably more costly. But if you want a tiny package that will tuck underneath your TV to be an entertainment center it's the way to go.

Last edited:
just curious is there a good MOB for the mini-ITX case?

Not as many but there are a few. The price tends to be a higher because they have to use high-quality VRM components for these boards since they're usually set up in very tight cases and yet still be able to run a powerful processor.

But you are planning to run a less powerful processor and without a discrete GPU. You could get away with this:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/G6VG3C/asrock-b550m-itxac-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-b550m-itxac

But if you plan on upgrading the CPU and move to a discrete GPU probably something like this would be better:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9p...x-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-b550i-aorus-pro-ax