Good Mods for Half-Life

I looked around for some good singleplayer maps for HL2, but did
not find anything special. Can someone recommend some new singleplayer
maps for me?

Jochen

"Jochen Heistermann" <Jochen.Heistermann@onlinehome.de> wrote:
>I looked around for some good singleplayer maps for HL2, but did
>not find anything special. Can someone recommend some new singleplayer
>maps for me?

These are supposed to be good:
Todesangst
USS Darkstar
Those zombie ones
That one where you're an alien.

Bateau wrote:
> "Jochen Heistermann" <Jochen.Heistermann@onlinehome.de> wrote:
>
>>I looked around for some good singleplayer maps for HL2, but did
>>not find anything special. Can someone recommend some new singleplayer
>>maps for me?
>

> These are supposed to be good:
> Todesangst
> USS Darkstar
> Those zombie ones
> That one where you're an alien.

IIRC, USS Darkstart was a mod for the original HL. Since you're not too
specific about the others I'd have to assume they're all HL mods as
well. The dude was asking for Half-Life 2 maps/mods, ass. :)

Jochen Heistermann (if that is your real name, which I hope it isn't
because you shouldn't post your full name on the Net unless absolutely
necessary), I can recommend a few:

* Garry's Mod (a fun physics-based mod)
* Strider Mod (will very soon be called Pilotable Strider Mod: Combine Army)
* HL:S Substance (a mod where the author has replaced the original HL2
maps with ones that contain a lot more enemies, some new skins and so
on. I wouldn't recommend it though because the author's a thieving
bastard who stole many skins from someone else without asking for
permission).

I know you asked for maps, but these mods are a lot more interesting
that a map that can be finished in a few minutes or so. They are also
single-played mods as well.

"GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:4207f871$1@yorrell.saard.net...
> * Garry's Mod (a fun physics-based mod)
> * Strider Mod (will very soon be called Pilotable Strider Mod: Combine Army)

I will try them out.

> * HL:S Substance (a mod where the author has replaced the original HL2
> maps with ones that contain a lot more enemies

The enemies in HL2 were enough for me ...

Are there some webpages you can recommend where I find this stuff?

Jochen

John Lewis wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 03:17:07 GMT, GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
> > >The term "my wise and beautiful friend" is defamatory to homosexuals. Don't use it.
>
> Doesn't "my wise and beautiful friend" mean a short length of wood, generally used for
> kindling ? How can that possibly be offensive to anybody ?

I thought it was a sort of meatball. Why a homosexual would be
particularly upset about that I don't know.

wrote:

>Bateau wrote:

>> Then I gave him some good mods for the "half life series". HTH my wise and beautiful friend.
>
>The term "my wise and beautiful friend" is defamatory to homosexuals. Don't use it.

Doesn't "my wise and beautiful friend" mean a short length of wood, generally used for
kindling ? How can that possibly be offensive to anybody ?

John Lewis