[SOLVED] good motherboards for 2700x?

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018
Hey guys

I feel like I'm asking so many questions and I'm never satisfied enough because of the opinions of others..

I'm going to buy a new PC, that's spec
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Noctua NH-D15SE-AM4
DDR 4 16G (8GX2) 3200 CL16 1.35V T-Force Night Hawk Red Black HS Team
NZXT H700i MATTE BLACK / RED
RTX 2080 GV-N2080WF3-8G
750W Seasonic
500GB 970 EVO M.2
2TB HDD
-
now I can not figure out which motherboard to take... I really want "Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE"
all I need is there but someone told me that something in memory is not enough for me
something with "vRM" or something like that
and recommend for me to take x470
-
I saw "Asus PRIME X470-PRO" and he looks great and everything but... people on amazon really mad about it (people with 2700x too)
so I back off from it
and then there's "gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming" people say it waste for me if I'm not planning to SLI or something like that
-

now I saw " ASUS ROG Strix B450-F " looking great but again people say something about vRM
-
please help guys

Solution
I have had MSI boards in the past and all always ended being cheaply made, bad vrm etc... could of been the boards model I bought but buying comparable priced boards on the Asus never had an issue with any of them. Aside the Dell computer for my daughter. all systems are Asus systems in this house.

I dont listen to prescribed amazon of any other web sites, its been proven that it is customary to "generate" comments to try to sink the competition.
I based my decisions on decades of knowledge...

Are MSI boards Currently good quality, I cannot speak on the subject as I adopted Asus as my bar to quality and reliability since 2008. so I am Biased, but you asked an opinion, and this is mine.

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

what about the vRM people keep saying about? also if my ram is 3200
what does that mean?
iZ2Pk8R.png

VRM means Voltage Regulatory Module. These are also important for durable and strong motherboards. They regulates Voltage for RAM, CPU etc.
https://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FwJZ-q59KIbM%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwJZ-q59KIbM&tbnid=A8-e0aDLqQyV2M&vet=1&docid=q1NXel8V_FteZM&w=1280&h=720&client=ucweb-b-bookmark&ved=2ahUKEwji_qK5xa7gAhW3ynMBHbZOC7EQMygEegUIARDPAQ..
And Gigabyte Aorus use High quality of VRMs..

For 3200 ... it is it's RAM speed which is supported by motherboard without overcloking and it can go with much higher memory speed. Go with Gigabyte Aorus..

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

"ok" about the vRM.. so should I be worry about it or this mothoerborad good enough ?
and about the ram.. the RAM that I'm buying is already 3200 without O.C
so that is good or the ram going to be slower ?

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018

oh alright, so now everything is more clear

should I pick up MSI X470 Gaming Plus or Asus PRIME X470-PRO
MSI has great reviews everywhere but the bios menu look hard to understand
Asus is great but has also mixed reviews but the bios menu look great

mrmiller

Proper
Aug 3, 2018
I don't pay any attention to those comments, rarely you'd find somebody that knows what they are doing. I had a Prime x370 pro before this one but changed to x470 because of 2nd gen Ryzen. All works just fine and as promised. Easy UEFI and OC although it boost to 4.25 - 4.3GHz when left on auto.

I have had MSI boards in the past and all always ended being cheaply made, bad vrm etc... could of been the boards model I bought but buying comparable priced boards on the Asus never had an issue with any of them. Aside the Dell computer for my daughter. all systems are Asus systems in this house.

I dont listen to prescribed amazon of any other web sites, its been proven that it is customary to "generate" comments to try to sink the competition.
I based my decisions on decades of knowledge...

Are MSI boards Currently good quality, I cannot speak on the subject as I adopted Asus as my bar to quality and reliability since 2008. so I am Biased, but you asked an opinion, and this is mine.

Solution