[SOLVED] Good motherboards for overclocking the i7-9700k?

LackuJacku

Prominent
May 26, 2019
I'm looking for some good motherboards particularly in the z390 series.
Budget $100-$200

Also could you please tell me why they are good? I never had a 'k' processor so I'm not really sure how motherboards differentiate from each other besides how much ram they can hold and how the bios looks.

Solution
The ASROCK Phantom Gaming 4 z390 is a little over $150 USD and is overclockable. I have the exact board with a 9700k. It supports high speed memory, has an m.2 slot for both sata and nvme. Has 3 usb 3.1 type A as well as a usb 3.1 type C which is handy (Rear io). Overall it has all the basic features that you would need and want in a motherboard, as well as a handful of extra things that you may or may not find useful. Defenetly worth looking into. You can find a full list of specs and features on their site. The K in the cpu just means you can overclock it which increases the speed of the processor past what the manufacturer has set it to. When overclocking it is important you get a good cooler for it since it will be running hotter...
Sep 3, 2020
The ASROCK Phantom Gaming 4 z390 is a little over $150 USD and is overclockable. I have the exact board with a 9700k. It supports high speed memory, has an m.2 slot for both sata and nvme. Has 3 usb 3.1 type A as well as a usb 3.1 type C which is handy (Rear io). Overall it has all the basic features that you would need and want in a motherboard, as well as a handful of extra things that you may or may not find useful. Defenetly worth looking into. You can find a full list of specs and features on their site. The K in the cpu just means you can overclock it which increases the speed of the processor past what the manufacturer has set it to. When overclocking it is important you get a good cooler for it since it will be running hotter. Also overclocking also voids your warenty. It is not hard to do.

Last edited:
Solution