[SOLVED] Good overall CPU for gaming/ 3D

ChicoSilva

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hello. I was looking for a CPU that would allow me to game and work on 3D software like 3ds max, zbrush, marmoset toolbag...

I was looking at the amd 5800x or the 3900x

What would you guys recommend up to 400/450 €?

Nov 9, 2020
Should be good for a 5800X, but be sure it has Ryzen 5000 BIOS loaded. You might need a Ryzen 3000 processor, or possibly Ryzen 2000, just to update BIOS if it's not.
Alternatively you could look for a motherboard that has a BIOS flash option. All you would need is the BIOS update preloaded onto a USB flash drive. This allows you to flash the BIOS without having CPU or RAM or GPU installed. My B450 MSI PRO Carbon AC has it and it is a nice feature.

ChicoSilva

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Alternatively you could look for a motherboard that has a BIOS flash option. All you would need is the BIOS update preloaded onto a USB flash drive. This allows you to flash the BIOS without having CPU or RAM or GPU installed. My B450 MSI PRO Carbon AC has it and it is a nice feature.
I will ask at the store if they can do it for me

Hey...forgot about that! but yes, I believe he's OK with that board as it appears to have FlashBack button on back panel.