[SOLVED] Good overclock or not?

ciprianburbulea

Reputable
Aug 23, 2018
Hi. So im using a i5 6600k with a 2 fan hyper 212 evo.
Im.getting stable 4.5ghz on all cores runing between 50-65 in games usually sets at 60.
I have an asus z170 pro gaming mobo and what i did just set it to 45 across all cores xmp on and i let the voltage on auto.
As far as i saw it went up to 1.378v and reading on the internet 1.360v is like max acceptable.
Is it ok to keep it like this? Didnt even mess with the voltage i let the mobo do its thing
thanks

Solution
Not bad, but typically you can run multiplier on less voltage than what the motherboard deems necessary on auto. This means you could probably lower the voltage manually from that number or manually set to 1.4v and up the multiplier to get a better all core overclock. One will give you better thermals while the other will give you better performance.
Not bad, but typically you can run multiplier on less voltage than what the motherboard deems necessary on auto. This means you could probably lower the voltage manually from that number or manually set to 1.4v and up the multiplier to get a better all core overclock. One will give you better thermals while the other will give you better performance.

Solution

ciprianburbulea

Reputable
Aug 23, 2018
It seems fine to me considering thermals
It's ok. Certainly not the best but it should do. I'd be happy with it if I had that CPU.
Thanks all for replies!