Question Good pair or bad?

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
If I pair a 2070 with the i5 8400 but the ram speed (btw 16gb) is 2666Mhz, will I lose performance? (Res:1080)

Lutfij

Titan
You should be fine at 1080p, though I'm more concerned about the rest of the specs in your system. List your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

What games are you looking to play with that setup?

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
AOC, Battlefield V.
I'm currently using:
GPU: 1060
CPU: i5 8400
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz

I don't know about the PSU though so I can't really upgrade it will be a risk anyways thank you
Oh sorry I didnt fully read your message.
Monitor: 1080p60hz 27" inch philips ( I don't remember the exact model )
GPU: 1060
CPU: i5 8400
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
SDD/HDD: 240 GB SSD, 1.5 TB HDD
Mobo: Z370 gaming k3 aorus
PSU: ( I don't know :D )

Games: AOC & Battlefield 5.

Yes that is a good one... You should be able to play at 1080p with high/max graphics. Don't go cheap on your PSU though. Make sure it is a reputable brand with enough watts, all the connectors you need (don't use those molex to pci adapters) and preferably, but not necessarily an 80+ gold rating. If you get a PSU that isn't up for the job it could go kaboom and take your expensive part with it.

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
Yes that is a good one... You should be able to play at 1080p with high/max graphics. Don't go cheap on your PSU though. Make sure it is a reputable brand with enough watts, all the connectors you need (don't use those molex to pci adapters) and preferably, but not necessarily an 80+ gold rating. If you get a PSU that isn't up for the job it could go kaboom and take your expensive part with it.
Are you talking about the RTX 2060/70?

Last edited:

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
Oh ok, but look I already have the PC I am using it right now. A person built it for me, so I gave him the money and he built it and he sent me the components. But for the power supply side, he only said "modular 80+ psu" so I don't really know the details. Anyways what I want to know is if this computer is enough to play Rise Of The Tomb Raider. I'm obviously not trying to max everything out [settings], just a playable experience.

I actually think it would play rise of the tomb raider at 1080p ultra settings alright.
As for the PSU, the fact that it is 80+ modular means it is probably a good one. On it there should be a number then a letter w after it. This might be on a max output print, or it will be a large sticker. For example, it might say 500w. Can you see what it is, as this number will help you to know whether you need an upgrade or not.

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
Unfortunately I can't see tell what the brand/wattage of the psu is. I've seen benchmarks with these specs and at high/very high settings it gets at around 65-70 fps average.