Question Good pc but bad fps

May 27, 2020
Okay so basically someone with a worse pc than me gets better frames
I have a 2060 super
4x8gb so 32gb of ram all are 2400 mhz
an i7 6700k oc 4.4ghz
my motherboard is a asus rog maximus VIII hero
power supply is a 1000 watt

I have no idea what's wrong my pc is good yet i get lower frames like 100 fps difference on some games and other games like minecraft a 600 fps difference

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Depends on the games, resolution of the monitor, detail settings etc

What is your friends pc to compare? mostly cpu and gpu is the most important to know
What games are you playing?
What resolution are you playing at?
What is you gpu and cpu % usage while gaming?

Also a 6700k is going to struggle on any game that will use 6 or more cores, so minecraft will be fine but shadow of the tomb raider will not be, the recommended minimum is now 6/8 cores for most AAA games, however most older games will play just fine

Reactions: kreamypie123
May 27, 2020
The games i've compared are fortnite and minecraft in fortnite he consistantly gets 240 fps where mine dips to 180 and such he has a 980 ti and i had that one too before still had less fps and he has the same cpu as me but lower ghz and in minecraft he had 500 fps more than me i haven't checked my cpu and gpu usage at all though my cards usage is at like 30-50% usage and my cpu usage is at 20-50%

edit almost forgot he has 16gb of ram while i have 32gb

Last edited:
May 27, 2020
Depends on the games, resolution of the monitor, detail settings etc

What is your friends pc to compare? mostly cpu and gpu is the most important to know
What games are you playing?
What resolution are you playing at?
What is you gpu and cpu % usage while gaming?

Also a 6700k is going to struggle on any game that will use 6 or more cores, so minecraft will be fine but shadow of the tomb raider will not be, the recommended minimum is now 6/8 cores for most AAA games, however most older games will play just fine

The games i've compared are fortnite and minecraft in fortnite he consistantly gets 240 fps where mine dips to 180 and such he has a 980 ti and i had that one too before still had less fps and he has the same cpu as me but lower ghz and in minecraft he had 500 fps more than me i haven't checked my cpu and gpu usage at all though my cards usage is at like 30-50% usage and my cpu usage is at 20-50%

edit almost forgot he has 16gb of ram while i have 32gb

TRENDING THREADS