Good PC Games with a story?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F_Pastor

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Hey, forum. Can anybody recommend me some good PC games that have a good story?
Free would be awesome.

Just looking for good, simple games, like To The Moon or something like that. Thanks

-Francis

Solution
Great story driven games:

Metro2033

Half-Life2

F.E.A.R (yes...it is a fantastic story, IMO....it's just a shame the direction it took after the original game)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R (one of the great PC game series in life)

I think truly great stories coupled with meaningful character development are kind of the last frontier of the single-player campaign.

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Bastion does have a good soundtrack but you either didnt play the witcher 2 or just forgot about how genius its soundtrack was also

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I have it, played it, listed it in my first post, but still rank its soundtrack wayyyyyyyyyy behind Bastion's. Bastion has a soundtrack that is good enough to end up on an ipod for independent listening. Witcher 2's is too orchestral for that.

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

I can see how you would think its too orchestral, and i also havent heard all of bastion since i only played the demo, but imo the witcher has the best soundtrack to any game ive ever played and the only reason i say this is cuz you said its way behind bastion which i cant believe, and dont want people to even think that , it really made me wish that video games won awards like movies win awards

Yes, they have been ported to PC, but they are far from PC games - the controls are terrible, and not suited for keyboard and mouse. PC games are the ones that were created for the PC as the main platform, like the Witcher or Counter Strike :).

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I'm not asking you to "believe" anything since we're not discussing anything factual. It's just an opinion that you seem to be very intent on anally examining until your head explodes lol. Like whatever you like guy, it's a free internet.

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

ok dude you misinterpreted what i was saying, but i shouldnt have even said anything cuz thats isnt what the thread was about

nobodyloser

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
System Shock 2, Rise of Nations, Amnesia: The Dark Decent, Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars 2, Path of Exile, Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2, The Secret World (I think it is just a cool idea to be a part of the illuminati in a game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS