[SOLVED] Good PC getting lower than average FPS

octans.sigma2

Prominent
Feb 1, 2019
Hi , so for last 3 months my pc is slowly becoming slower in performance. It happened after i updated gpu drivers ( November/December 2019 ). I tried looking for the problem and i maybe found it . When i play games like R6 , GTA or Sea of Thieves my fps jump from 50-40 all the time and i noticed that my gpu and cpu are kind of exchanging power | When gpu has 120watts cpu has 50 | When cpu has like 65watts gpu has 80watts. Is this a psu or gpu problem?

Solution
i would guess that is the PSU causing the issue(s). i've seen a few articles/reviews about the VS series claiming that they do not hold up under high demand very well, though they handle everyday computing pretty good. and not the best rating from here at Tom's either, VS650 review.

i you have the option, try the RX580 out in a different system and see how it runs.
i would guess that is the PSU causing the issue(s). i've seen a few articles/reviews about the VS series claiming that they do not hold up under high demand very well, though they handle everyday computing pretty good. and not the best rating from here at Tom's either, VS650 review.

i you have the option, try the RX580 out in a different system and see how it runs.

Solution