Good PC-Low FPS on CS:GO First time having AMD

Jun 9, 2018
Hello guys,i really need your help. I'm new on this forum and i really need your help because it's my first time having amd and it's my first time having this kind of problem.
Well these are my specifications for the PC with the problem
Ryzen 7 3ghz
16gb ddr4 3200mhz
AMD Rx 560 4gb
MSI 570 - Motherboard
Firecuda 1tb sshd
It is my first time playing and seeing an AMD,never tried it before or "worked" with it so i don't know what to do.
In the menu of the Counter strike go i have about 100 fps,when i play it i have around 70 and sometimes it goes to under 40 fps.
I have tried everything i have saw on the internet,with the AMD settings for the performance and everything and i don't seem to get it to work.
Hope you can help me !

Jun 9, 2018

I don't understand what you're trying to say about 720/high settings or 1080/low,please be more detailed
And I don't think that an RX 560 is a big problem though.. i mean,16 gb of ddr 4 and the ryzen should do work and leave

Cioby

Distinguished
He means what resolution are you playing at and the details of the game you set.
But yes, still seems a bit low. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRzMXP5rKY

Also I did see benchmark results with Ryzen be like 90 compared to Intel CPU going up to 130-150 specifically on CS:GO. I doubt the difference is so huge anymore tho, or it shouldn't be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vgAJYYHk8 Yep I was right, the fps is lower, BUT not as low as you have them.

What's your PSU and do you have Vsync/freesync on?

Jun 9, 2018

i'm playing 1080 on low,i don't play with vsync or freesync on,and the psu i don't know right now,i'm not home and i forgot.i'll tell u as fast as i can find out
Should i download benchmark to test ?

Jun 9, 2018

Found out the PSU,sorry for taking so long,i'm on a trip and yeah... the psu is a :Chieftec 650W 95+

Cioby

Distinguished
I don't know what to say, seems you're underperforming even tho you set your settings to performance with Ryzen and also your power plan I assume.

If you lower your settings do you get better performance? I am still on Intel and not planning to change, I even stream on an old CPU so I can't really tell you much, there have been many complaints about the Ryzen and seen people had to reinstall Windows and such. Which makes no sense, you buy a CPU and you're supposed to fix "issues" yourself?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3514535/amd-ryzen-1700x-underperforming-bottleneck.html

Also some of the issues have been related to RAM speeds, which apparently matter for AMD. Unless an AMD expert comes along to help I'll be just as useful as google.com and I can't find your motherboard honestly, is that the full or correct name?

You should check what clocks your motherboard runs with, see what other people have run the Ryzen 7 with and set your RAM speed in BIOS to match it.
I assume you're using the proper PCI-E connectors for your GPU and it's locked in properly into the motherboard.

Jun 9, 2018

I will try every single little thing u said here,thanks mate,i'll come back with a response
it was a typo :)) sorry,it's msi 970