Question Good PC microstuttering in game when something new happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowks

Reputable
Dec 31, 2019
Hello, I built my PC around 2020 when Ryzen 9 5900x came out and I have had this issue for a really long time, where my PC randomly stutters in games. It's recently gotten worse.

I used to have a gtx 1060 3b from my old PC in this one, waiting for the opportunity to buy a better GPU. I always thought it was the old GPU's issue.

Now my current specs are:

-Ryzen 9 5900X
-RX 6800 XT Sapphire
-32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz CL18 (dual)
-Samsung 980 Pro + Western Digital M.2 2280 (windows installed on 980 Pro, games installed in both) Firmware updated in both
-Crosshair VIII Hero
-H150i PRO
-RM850x PSU

Important: I usually just play the same multiplayer games like CS:GO, Valorant and Overwatch.

At first I had massive stutters in CS + Valorant, but after I played for some time, the stutters disappeared. It's like if I play a game for some time it loads the assets and stops the stutters.
Overwatch is the only game that runs butter smooth (never had any issues).

I tried R6 Siege, PUBG, Fortnite, DBD, etc.

In R6, for example, I would stutter even in the training range testing guns that I had never used before. After shooting a bullet for the first time it would stop stuttering with that gun.

I made a video compilation of some stutters, although it doesn't seem that noticeable after it is rendered. Please look at the last clip (it will give you a better idea of what I mean when I shoot the gun my game completely freezes).

Things I've tried:

-Reinstalling Windows 10
-Getting Windows 11 (rolled back because it didn't fix)
-Disabled TPM
-Fully optimized windows (battery plan, bloatware removed, etc)
-Tried different RAM
-Checked temperatures
-Updated BIOS to the latest version

(I'll update the list as I remember more things)

userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/57219020

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: atahann17

Lutfij

Titan
Reinstalling Windows 10
Getting Windows 11 (rolled back because it didn't fix)

Where did you source the installers for both OSes?

Samsung 980 Pro + Western Digital M.2 2280 (windows installed on 980 Pro, games installed in both)
WD have a number of SSD's in their portfolio, which one do you have? Also, do both SSD's have their firmware updated?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.