[SOLVED] good pc, performance below expectations

Oct 9, 2019
userbenchmark says: "Overall this PC is performing below expectations (30th percentile)"

UserBenchmarks: Game 109%, Desk 132%, Work 119%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 92.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 110.5%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 297%
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 82.2%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING

games are crashing and freezing as hell when im trying 1440p and ultra settings, in all games. help please

Solution
1.45 volts is common with current motherboards, and also way too much, basically the maximum. 1.48 is very high. I would start there and back it down to a more reasonable core voltage of 1.4 volts, perhaps lower, and see if it is stable.

I suspect local overheating and rapid changes in clock speed are causing your issues.

Memory at CAS 22 is abyssmal, I only see the cheapest of memory with speeds that high. Yours are listed in the model as CAS 16, so it isn't using a very good memory profile. That may be causing some of your issues, but not all I think.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Link to the actual userbenchmark results. Pretty good tool for finding very obvious things. Ram results are a little suspect.

What do your temperatures look like?

Have you gotten the latest BIOS and drivers for this thing.

What power supply is running all of this?

Oct 9, 2019
Link to the actual userbenchmark results. Pretty good tool for finding very obvious things. Ram results are a little suspect.

What do your temperatures look like?

Have you gotten the latest BIOS and drivers for this thing.

What power supply is running all of this?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20795726

in bios it says CPU 35 celsius idle and in some different softwares it can say 60-68 idle.

i have the latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

corsair RM850i, 850W PSU'

edit: it says my CPU is at 12% load but thats false, didnt say that last time i benched and i had nothing open on the computer both times

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Power probably not it then.

I'm sure it is configured per the memory specs, but userbenchmark coming back with latency that is lower than average. Just confirm that it really is running at CAS of 16 I guess. Probably just a kit with looser timings than most of the people who have benched so far.

60-68 at idle is high. Might need to ramp up the fan curves a little.

So what is the highest temperature you are seeing? CPU utilization in games?

Crashing and freezing is going to come from something like unstable memory or CPU. Temperature on the CPU, too little voltage for the speed it is running, etc. Could literally be bad memory. Try memtestx86 and see if it can pass that reliably. And don't rely on a single benchmark tool. Prime95, Cinebench R15/R20.

Oct 9, 2019
Power probably not it then.

I'm sure it is configured per the memory specs, but userbenchmark coming back with latency that is lower than average. Just confirm that it really is running at CAS of 16 I guess. Probably just a kit with looser timings than most of the people who have benched so far.

60-68 at idle is high. Might need to ramp up the fan curves a little.

So what is the highest temperature you are seeing? CPU utilization in games?

Crashing and freezing is going to come from something like unstable memory or CPU. Temperature on the CPU, too little voltage for the speed it is running, etc. Could literally be bad memory. Try memtestx86 and see if it can pass that reliably. And don't rely on a single benchmark tool. Prime95, Cinebench R15/R20.

my CAS latency is 22.0 clocks (when i look at the ram where i bought them it says "CL16") is this wrong?

i have seen 79 celsius at most when gaming

two other things i might mention: if alot of stuff is happening on my computer, my mouse pointer and almost everything i do on the computer will and can slow up obnoxiously much, feels like my computer is having a huge headache 2. the fans are constantly going up in RPM and down because i guess the CPU heat is pretty unstable.

my V-CORE is at 1.4500-1.4800 when not doing anything, but this i have read is common.

i've tried several benchmarkingtest, but i dont know what exactly to do with the information i get.

all i can say is that BFV and OVERWATCH i know for a fact is crashing and hard freezing when i try to higher my settings, which my system should handle from what i've learned.

edit: i've spent many bucks on this system and im willing to give something in return if i get the help i need and it actually solves this problem.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1.45 volts is common with current motherboards, and also way too much, basically the maximum. 1.48 is very high. I would start there and back it down to a more reasonable core voltage of 1.4 volts, perhaps lower, and see if it is stable.

I suspect local overheating and rapid changes in clock speed are causing your issues.

Memory at CAS 22 is abyssmal, I only see the cheapest of memory with speeds that high. Yours are listed in the model as CAS 16, so it isn't using a very good memory profile. That may be causing some of your issues, but not all I think.

Solution
Oct 9, 2019

so i should change to cas 16?

TRENDING THREADS