Question Good PC Severely Under Performing

Jan 23, 2021
Ever since I got my motherboard replaced, my newly installed SSD & HDD are performing so slow especially in games installed on my HDD, I’m getting like 1fps with all drivers etc installed,
it’s also taking so long for simple functions such as opening the library folder where I’d get a blue loading circle

Does anyone know a fix or what the problem is?

My user bench mark is:

UserBenchmarks: Game 35%, Desk 59%, Work 24%
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K - 45%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 - 75.9%
SSD: Intel 320 Series 120GB - 39.9%
HDD: Toshiba MC04ACA200E 2TB - 67.8%
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 C10 3x8GB - 19.6%
MBD: MSI Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)

Jan 23, 2021
Updated result:
UserBenchmarks: Game 10%, Desk 33%, Work 8%
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K - 16.4%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 - 45.6%
SSD: Intel 320 Series 120GB - 31.4%
HDD: Toshiba MC04ACA200E 2TB - 60%
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 C10 3x8GB - 11.8%
MBD: MSI Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917)

"
Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (8th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 92 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.
ProcessorWith an extremely low single core score, this CPU can barely handle email and light web browsing. Finally, with a gaming score of 16.4%, this CPU's suitability for 3D gaming is terrible.
45.6% is a reasonable 3D score (RTX 2060S = 100%). This GPU can handle the majority of recent games but it will struggle with resolutions greater than 1080p at ultra detail levels. (Note: general computing tasks don't require 3D graphics)
Boot Drive31.4% is low SSD score. With a better SSD this system will boot faster, make applications more responsive and reduce IO wait times.
Memory24GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's far more than any current game requires. 24GB will also allow for large file and system caches, virtual machine hosting, software development, video editing and batch multimedia processing.
OS VersionWindows 10 is the most recent version of Windows, and the best to date in our opinion.

Jan 23, 2021
I reset the PC via the "reset this PC" function in the settings and re-install windows twice with cloud and local downloads, still getting the same performances unfortunately

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I reset the PC via the "reset this PC" function in the settings and re-install windows twice with cloud and local downloads, still getting the same performances unfortunately

So, the cloud and local downloads involved you doing this process?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

Also, why was your motherboard replaced? Was it to replace this problem or another one? Have you tried with only the matching RAM sticks? On this platform, 24 GB invariably is the product of a FrankenRAM situation.

Jan 23, 2021

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

Also, why was your motherboard replaced? Was it to replace this problem or another one? Have you tried with only the matching RAM sticks? On this platform, 24 GB invariably is the product of a FrankenRAM situation.
I didn’t partition it, will do that now and regarding the motherboard, I did it because It was giving me a 00 code and the PC no longer ran

now with the new mobo it comes on but the performance is horrible

Jan 23, 2021

Also now just finishing a clean install of windows, even lower score on the user benchmark tests 😢